How long was your hospital stay?

edited July 2013 in Birth Stories
How long was your stay at the hospital? Mines will be short. Only two days, if everything goes accordingly. The day I have the baby, the day after baby and the next day I go home.

How long was your stay? Doesn't matter if it was a normal delivery, baby in NICU or c-section, etc?

Comments

• I delivered on a Monday and was discharged on a Thursday afternoon. I had a c-section.
  • 2 days isn't really short. I stayed 2 full days only because I was gbs positive and they wanted to keep a closer eye on my baby since I didn't get the full dose of antibiotics before he was born since I had such a short labor.
  • @perly: I heard about one woman staying for a whole week after her c-section. I have noticed that 3 to 4 days is normal for a c-section.

@ExcitedForOctober: The hospital I'm going to just like to make sure everything is okay. So I guess two days is their mandate. They rarely discharge the next day.
  • It would have been 3 days but my blood count was low when i got to the hospital and then i obviously lost blood during surgery. That put my blood count dangerously low so i had to receive 3 units of blood so they ended up monitoring me for an extra day.
  • @perky: Oh. That's a lot of blood.
  • It was. Usually, the day after surgery the nurse helps you up and encourages you to start walking. Well i didn't get to do that because i was hooked up getting all that blood.
  • Two days is normal protocol for a vaginal birth in hospital. Three usually for sections. Some stay shorter and can even go home the next day.
  • Vaginal Birth, with Tubal after, less than 2 days.
  • I stayed 5 days after my c-section
  • I stayed 7 days after my c section due to gd n they also thought something was wrong with my liver
  • I had her on a tues night and went home on a thurs afternoon. Normally at our hospital you stay 24 hours. Well since I had her at 10pm they couldn't discharge me that late, so we started the process thurs morning and went home that afternoon.
  • I arrived at hospital at 10pm, had my son 7.50am & was discharged just after his 6hr check up at about 2.30pm!!!
  • Two days we were there, which is normal.
  • One day! Woot! Had my baby at midnight and was discharged the following day! But I had a vaginal birth that was uncomplicated and they needed my bed for another mom lol, so they kicked me out!
  • I was in for 5 days theen an addtional 3 bcause of infection with my csec
  • edited July 2013
    I'm just hoping everything goes accordingly and I'm out of there on Day Two. I hope discharge doesn't take forever like it did with my cousin. I hate hospitals with a passion. I hope S/O or my mommy can stay the night with me. I never had to stay the night in a hospital since I was born.
  • Discharge always takes long! Especially u when its you and baby that are getting discharged.
  • Usually one & a half or two days here. I had a friend once who got mad at the hospital staff & took a shower as soon as she had the baby then left!!
  • I was actually sad to leave! The hospital i delivered in was awesome! The nurses were wonderful and very helpful. I plan to deliver any future kids at the same hospital.
  • My daughter I was in and iout in less than 24 hrs :)
  • @perly what hospital u delivered at
  • Delivery day one full day and in the next day go home! I hope this one too
  • No epi or pain medications and vaginal birth
  • @ashley_smashley She normally delivered her babies at home, but this one had to be induced due to pre-e, so basically she didn't want to be there & they didn't really like her either! Lol
  • I went home about 36 hours after I had her and I have A heart problem so I was surprised to have such A short stay
  • edited July 2013
    With my son I was admitted on April 29, had a csection may 6, I was discharged may 10 but my son wasn't until may 16 so I stayed day and night by his side so I feel like I was there a total of 17 or 18 days however many it was. With my newest I was admitted July 1st had her vaginally July 2 just before 1 am and was discharged with baby July 4
  • @i_believe The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
  • @wilsomom good for her! I think more people should stand for what they believe in. I obviously wanted to be safe then sorry they wanted to possibly keep us there 3 days I said no im going home after 2. Especially bc I had very smooth vaginal delivery with no tears baby was perfectly healthy, I was up and about showering right after test time pretty much just waiting to leave. I did have pretty good experience with my nurses so I was nice about it lol