Shut up, Shut up, SHUUUUT UUUUP!

My family keeps telling me that i have my baby spoiled because i like to carry him and hold him. They keep saying that if i keep it up, i'll never be able to go back to work because he's gonna want to be with me and only me. That's not true because he doesn't cry when other people hold him.
I hate that people tell me "let him cry. You don't need to run to him every time he cries." uuummm yes i do. That's the reason i didn't go back to work after 6wks pp. I decided to stay home during these first few months when he needs me the most because i want to be there with him. Of course i run to him when he cries, that's what im here for. I don't do anything else so i can be available to him, why in the world would i sit my fatass down eating and watching tv while my baby cries? That's crazy! I wish they would a shut up! This is my son, and i will raise him as i see fit. And if in the future, no one wants to take care of him because they feel i spoil him too much, then i'll go back to work when he starts school. NO PROBLEM! I won't be missing out, because my son is my world and every second spent with him is a second well spent.
I believe there's such a thing as a spoiled kid, but i do not believe there's such a thing as a spoiled baby (2month old to be exact). I just wish they would understand the difference between giving tips and tricks and telling me how i should parent my child. Every child is different, and you raise your child base on what is necessary.

Sorry for the book, i just needed to get this off my chest.

Comments

• Mexican relatives are the WORST! Poor you, I feel your pain.
  • It happened to me. I carried my daughter everywhere and she wouldn't let anyone else feed her or hold her. To this day she won't leave my side and she'll be 2 in 3months. I wish i would've listened because its been extremely hard on me I can't even let anyone babysit her because she throws a fit. I love her with all my heart but i need some "me" time too. Just recently she's letting my dad take her.
  • edited July 2013
    You can't hold and cuddle them forever. They are only that small once. And yes it will be hard later on. But it wont always be that way. Thats the way I see it. No such thing as spoiled baby in my eyes.
    That's what I tell people who tell me to get my daughter off the boob lol. Or let her cry. Even my 6 yr old son.
  • @mijita tell me about it. I feel like telling them to f@#% off lol.

@mommylovessparkle that's not really my case. My baby is barely 2 months old, and the problem is not that i personally hold him too much, the problem is that he's kinda used to being held in general. So as long as someone is carrying him, he's fine. For example, on Friday i went to my niece's birthday party. We were there for about 4-5 hours and the i didn't carry him at all while we were there. When i got there, my mom took him off my arms then my aunt took him off my mom, and he was basically carried by my aunts and cousins and he was as happy as can be.
    In all honesty, i don't want to take any second with him for granted because i already lost one baby... I know how fast and how unexpected life can be, i've been given a second chance and i need/want to make the most of it.

@nameless that's exactly why i carry him and cuddle him, because he's small and there's not much he can do besides that. We do tummy time (which he loves) and he does get alone time on his rocker while i pick here and there but when he cries i run to him and if he wants to be held, then i hold him. I do plan to let him go through the stages babies go through, and let him little by little become more independent. So yes, i agree with you. I wish people would stick to raising their kids however they want too and let others do the same. Everyone tells me how im just gonna make it hard for myself. Well in all honesty, i didn't expect this to be easy at all... So that's fine, im up for the challenge. As long as my son needs me, im there.
  • edited July 2013
    I come from a Mexican family and you won't believe how many times I've got into fights with extended family about them minding their own business. My immediate family is good but sometimes my mom puts her two cents in, and I have to knock her back down to earth. Just don't tell me how to raise my kids and we'll be good. Lol! Hold your baby as much as you want and pick him up whenever he cries. Studies show that babies that are held and not let to cry have better self-esteem, confidence, and a bunch of other stuff.
  • @monkey_girl: not to mention the amount of superstitions. Ugh! Keep them to yourself, geez. :p
  • @monkey_girl tell me about it. They better hope they don't catch me in a bad mood because i have no filter when im mad lol.
  • there is no such thing as a spoiled baby my daughter i held her all the time and now she doesnt want me to hold her its your child not anyone elses so you do what your motherly instincts tell you to do
  • My husband's family told me I should never rock the baby to sleep. They said rocking her would make her spoiled, I should lay her down in the bed to sleep & let her fall asleep on her own. Of course iI didn't listen because I like to sooth my child
  • Lol! I know! @Mijita

@perly LOL!
  • Well it makes sense what they r saying like u don't wanna create a pattern in which a baby gets used to just u doing everything and doesnt do well with anyone else even if they are doing the same thing. However ur baby is still young and two like u sai ur lo has no problems with others or being held by others. I think its great to be able to stay home with your kids its not like u never get out and don't get be around others and do thing outside the home. My hubby used to say that our daughter should go to day care like twise week for few hrs so she can learn to play with others and she doesn't get over attached. I knew the only reason he said anything is because his ex had their daughter and only couple days old right to day care now shes 6 still goes to that day care everyday during summer and after school care during school times, so he thought that was what had to be done whats best for kids. I know some have to work crazy hrs and the kids are in day care but in their case just like it is for us now theres an option she couldn't have been home with her daughter. And now shes having baby number 3 with different guy obviously lol but still does same thing all are in day care right after she gets home from hospital. I have no idea how people who have the option can do that I love being with my daughter and guess what shes amazing with other kids and lets any one hold her play with her babysit her if we have something going on does great and ive always been there for her just like u! I say follow ur instinct and if ur lo comes to be super attached what do they care ur the one who has to go through that not them. Ur the mother its not like ur harming a child or anything like that I hope they can learn to keep their opinions to themselves.
  • My daughter is almost 2 and I still hold her at night to fall asleep. Wear co-sleeping till her rail comes in to make her crib to a toddler bed. I still rock her when she cries and hold her whenshe wants to be held. She is super independent though. It's your child, you know what is best. I don't care what anyone else says. :)
  • @allyssasmommy @2ndtimearound @stillsurprised oh im definitely going to do what i think is right. And my child will be just fine.

@jules i don't agree with them. In my opinion, every child is different. Besides, they're saying these things based on what they see when i visit. They're not at home with me when i take care of my baby, so they have no clue what i do with him at home. I think that's why it bothers me that they tell me these things. My son has tummy time every day and he LOVES it. He also likes laying in his playpen with his toy on because it has music and lights and he enjoys it very much. In reality, i only carry him to comfort him when he cries and when he's hungry. Aside from that, he's always on his boppy or his playpen or his rocker. Even when its time for bed, i shower him then i feed him and when he's done i lay him down and give him his binky. He puts himself to sleep and he sleeps all night. I don't think that's a spoiled baby at all.
  • Ya I don't think so either! Sounds pretty much what we did with our daughter at that age she always put herself down she hated to be rocked lol. I know it bothers u its normal but try to not let it get to u like u said they don't know what goes on at normal day at home so their opinion is not based on much at all and if it bothers them then they don't have to be around u guys thats a choice some people just love to get their two cents in just to make themselves feel better ya know.
  • edited July 2013
    With my first , I carried her everywhere .. Ran when she cried , etc .. And I don't regret doing it , she never slept me with me though xD i think is the only thing i didnt do with any of my kids , i see them safer in their own bed ,she is 4 now and it didn't have any bad side effect on her or anything ., she happily leaves me to go see her grandma for a day without any issues .. Do what ever you want .. Is your kid. Plus my second I wasn't able to "spoil" her as much but thanks God she is a very independent baby and likes doing her own thing