Baby name question

edited July 2013 in Baby names
Our oldest son is 21 & his name is John. He's actually my stepson from my husband's previous marriage. Well I really want to name this new baby Jonathon. Would that be too weird?

Comments

• I don't think it would be weird if u really want that name go for it !
  • Not weird lol
  • Well if u really like the name go for it my brothers name is jonathan and everyone calls him Jon so keep that in mind. If it were me I wouldn't do it cause the oldest and youngest will be part of ur life forever and each others lives they are family. Maybe I would do as middle name. Or what about Nathan, Ethan they all come from jonathan? That's just what I would do :)
  • Thanks lol, we're still deciding for sure. @jules I already have a nathan lol, we're looking for a bible name that starts with a "j".
  • I'd have your hubby ask the older son. I think I would feel as though you we're trying to replace me, if that makes sense. But maybe he'll feel honored!
  • Yes, I agree ask your oldest how'd he feel about it first. He may not mind, then I think it's okay. My husband's name is Robert & his mom remarried a man named Robert, so his brother was Robert Jr. His step dad goes by Bobby so his brother's nickname is BJ (bobby Jr). I thought it was weird that my mother-in-law named two sons Robert but since his brother doesn't go by Robert it makes it okay.
  • What about Joel?
    If it were me, i wouldn't even go there... But that's just me.
  • Well u have Joel, Jacob, James, Jared, Jason, Jeremiah, Jordan.... well there lots more but I think those are all good names :)
  • We're thinking maybe Joel or Joshua :)

We already have a John, James, Jeremiah, Josiah and Joseph. Lol

I'm having second thoughts because my son named Nathanael, I said I would NEVER call him Nathan or Nate and I don't, but now that he's older a lot of other people do! So I'm sure that would happen with Jonathon too.

Thanks for the ideas though, we're still thinking! :) @jules @perly @2ndtimearound @Kimberly4411 @2girls_2boys @mrz_jackson
  • My nephew is Joel and we call him Joey :)
  • I would've named my son Joel but like i said, that's my nephew's name so instead we went with Adrian Emmanuel :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like Joel because it's my dad's name. :p So my son's middle name is Joel.
  • My husband's name is Jonathan and his mom will not call him Jon. She actually corrects people that call him Jon in front of her but everyone calls him Jon just not in front of her lol.
  • Well I like joel or Joshua both nice names :)... picka middle name u like and see which one it goes with best :)
  • @MorgDeeBee That's what I'm afraid of!! Lol
    @homebirthadvocate I do like Jonah too!
    @jules The middle name is Allan after a friend of my husband's (all our kids middle names are after someone) I'm leaning toward Joshua Allan, but still not sure. :)
    @perly Joey for a nickname is so cute!!
    @kitshay That's awesome you named your son after your dad, we give all the kid's middle names in honor of someone too.
  • I think Joshua Allan sounds good. I like it better then Joel Allan those don't flow as well but that's just my opinion :)
  • edited July 2013
    My brother's name is Allen Joel, lol. I named my son Talon Joel since is had the same kind of flow. but I agree with @jules, joshua allan is cute. but Joel Allan is too backwards for my taste lol.
  • edited July 2013
    We named our son Jacob Michael it's pretty biblical we didn't intend for it to be tho but it is. Jacobs father is named Joshua Michael.
  • I like joshua allen. That has a nice sound. Lol. My youngest sons middle name is allen, (my husbands dads middle name lol) my oldest son is tyler david (his dads middle name) then caden allen. So the boys are after dads side. And my daughter is kirsten nicholle (she has my middle name). If we do have another child (hopefully girl, to even out lol) i dont have a clue what to name her. Lol.
  • Jonathan from teen mom two gods by Jo :)