So i started doing Zumba.... UPDATE!

edited August 2013 in Postpartum Health
And i love it!!! I did it a few years back and it helped me get nice and toned. I seriously forgot how awesome and fun it is.
Im so uncomfortable because im overweight and this is the heaviest i've ever been and i cannot stay like this. I refuse!
So im very motivated... Wish me luck girls. I need to lose 60lbs to be at a healthy weight.

Comments

• That's awesome, good luck!
  • You can do it! Especially since it's something you love doing & you have a positive outlook. I'll join you after this little one is born, I need to lose about that much too. :)
  • Good luck! Stay strong!
  • How fun! Hope it continues going well :)
  • @jules @jessibear @wilsomom @nameless thank you girls! Im very motivated. Im so ready to lose the weight and keep it off.
    I really want to start going to the park early in the morning so i can run, but my baby absolutely hates being in the stroller and i don't have anyone to watch him for me. I might still give it a try and stay at it for a few days to see if he gets used to his stroller... Hopefully he'll go to sleep while i run.
  • My daughter not big fan of stroller or car or car seat ever since she was tinny but I got my jogging stroller while she was still newborn and once I accidentally started running she ens up loving it and still does so I take her with in the morning and stop at the park for her after she likes that too. Worth a try!
  • @jules we'll see. I have a very bossy 2 month old lol. He wants what he wants when he wants it lol. I have a carrier that he loves, so everyone tells me to just put him in the carrier and just walk but walking doesn't do anything for me. I mean, if im gonna wake up early, whatever i do has to be worth it... And walking is not worth it for me.
  • Ya I know what u mean. It's great your trying most people would use that as reason to not even bother.
  • They have work outs you can do at home w/your baby...you should check for recenters for a mommy n me workout classes!
  • @jules i have to try. This is the heaviest i've ever been and im so uncomfortable to the point that im willing to try anything but im not even gonna go there because i know that nothing works best than a good healthy diet and workout routine. I've always been on the chunky side i guess you can say. I've always been anywhere from 10-30lbs overweight and when i commit and workout i lose the weight. The thing is that now i need to be more careful about my weight and health overall because most of the girls in my family developed PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) after having their first child. And sometimes when your weight fluctuates the way mine has, it can throw my hormones out of whack and maybe develop PCOS. Although the causes for that are not defined, keeping as healthy as can be might help.
    Sorry for the book lol.

@nameless i need to look for a class like that so i can do it. I still want to run, so im gonna try it out.
  • Oh man thats not good I hope u never get that. Ur on great track I have been small as long as I can remember however at the end of 8th grade I gained some weight I remember how frustrating certain things were to do since I've always been runner this sounds stupid to you probably but my legs were touching on the inside which never happened the rubbing was making me crazy and hurt. Plus with being dancer and all my stuff fitting differently that was not fun since I loved things I had. That's when I started being hethier eater rather then eating like most kids to now days soo bad.. And never had any weigh issues since and I'm always very energetic that's best part not being tired. After time unhealthy foods makes everyone feel so tired even if those people still look great ya know. But I hope you get the results you want soon!
  • I love Zumba! Dancing to get exercise is fine by me :)
  • @pregoagainyay and the instructor is hard on us. She does a lot of squats and lounges so my legs are in so much pain right now. But its like they say, its not a workout if it doesn't hurt.
  • Exactly! When youre sore and your legs feel like rubber you know you did good lol
  • @pregoagainyay and someone just rained on my parade.... Uggh i hate assholes!
    So i've been talking about it on my FB and this guy i went to school with just commented and said "didn't you have your baby 6 months ago? Why are you just starting now?"
    He pissed me off!
  • Omg! What the hell o.O Dont pay any mind to his stupid comments, people are such idiots @perly
  • @pregoagainyay he should've known better lol. I had a smart response right back and all he could say way "i didn't know you were in a bad mood...smh"... Uumm no, but i don't need any negativity. The reasons behind what i choose to do are non of anyone else's business but mine. He's so stupid, we went to school together... He knows me pretty well to know that i don't put up with that crap.
  • @perly It should be common sense lol....You will do great and lose the 60 lbs, I know it! Keep giving his shit right back to him lol
  • Good luck to you!! Do you use the my fitness pal app? It has helped me lose 19lbs since April. It probably would be more but I slacked off in July and I hurt my back so I can't work out right now. But it really keeps me in check with my calorie intake!! I recommend setting it to 1 lb a week loss.
  • @pregoagainyay thank you :)
    @starrxoxo9 i had it a while back but i was really bad at logging in my meals. I just downloaded it again, i just need to get in the habit of keeping up with it.
  • When i started Zumba on July 30, was 187lbs. Today, i weigh 172lbs which means i've lost 15lbs in less than a month! Woohoo! Im excited! This is so cool. I decided 60lbs needed to be lost in order to be at a healthy weight... 15lbs down, 45lbs to go :)
  • Wow that's great!!
  • That's awesome!!
  • Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • Yayyy :) I want to start it after this baby. I have the dvds but I dont do them im lazy I want to go to an instructor that will give me that extra push!