Summer Sickness :(

edited August 2013 in Health
Idk what's going on, but all the kids keep getting summer colds over & over. They only had 1 last winter & at least 6 this spring & summer. As soon as everyone's better someone else gets it all over again. Any ideas or tips? We're usually a pretty healthy bunch here so it's really getting old. :(

Comments

• I wish I had some good tips that I think u might not know but u probably do. Its hard I mean its not like u can isolate the sick from the none sick sounds like its just going in circles..I hope everyone feels better soon and don't get sick for awhile!!!
  • @jules I'm seriously considering quarantining the sick, but it's so impractical with the younger ones. Thanks though! Hopefully it will end soon!
  • Change all the toothbrushes clean the door knobs fridge handles remote controls phones toys wash pillows blankets ect should be wash .... when you get them from the street don't let the jump in front of the a/c every time they are sweaty try to get them to relax to cool their body on their own a/c could be your worst enemy at least on my 3 kids
  • Lol thats not bad idea. If it were me I would have them all feed bathed go to bed in clean room, clean sheets, if they need medicine do that. Then when they are all down get to sanitizing, cleaning rest of thd home. Im not sure what kind of weather u have but I keeo windows open little at night and while its still cool in the morning to let fresh air in hopefully some those air germs out..
  • @2girls_2boys @jules thanks for all the ideas, I spent yesterday sanitizing & put on all clean sheets, baths & open windows. Everyone's starting to feel better, so fingers crossed it stays that way!
  • Yeay! Hope it works thats a lot if sick kids to take care of especially while pregnant. Ur doing great!
  • That's great! Some fresh air won't kill anyone !
  • Its going around my house too if it makes you feel any better. My three year old and.two yr old have it and i feel like death as well lol totally sucks to be sick durning summer!
  • @coltensmamma Yes, it sucks! Lol In the winter it's to be expected, but in summer there's too much fun activities to be stuck inside sick. :(
  • Check for mold! My daughter and my animals kept getting ear infections after we moved out we found the house was loaded with mold!
  • @babyinblack682 There's none that I can specifically see, but how would I know for sure? This is a really old house, but it's been completely remodeled. Maybe the air ducts though? I'd like to check into that though, thanks.
  • In our house it was in the basement, behind the walls and on the siding
  • I've been the same way this summer!! I had a horrible sinus infection, then I got food poisoning, then I had a 24hr stomach bug, and then I slipped a disc in my back. All within 6wks lol. And I am usually super healthy too! Idk what the heck is going on this summer.
  • @starrxoxo9 oh my, that's awful! Lol