scared/worried/happy

edited August 2013 in Health
So I just had my 2nd laparoscopic surgery on the 24th of July. My doctor found numerous things wrongs but was able to fix everything so that I can be pain free and able to get pregnant again. Here is what was told to me from my doc: he found out that when I had my son in 2011 (c-section) that the drs had some how stitched up my uterus and fallopian tubes to my abdominal wall. My fallopian tubes were blocked and damaged and my uterus and bladder were some how attached also to each other. He was able to go in and separate everything and fix my tubes and he found endometriosis on my right ovary in two places. So after all of that he says to me and my husband that he wants us pregnant in the next 3 to 6 months. Here's what scares me, I am at a greater risk for a tubal pregnancy. I am happy that everything is fine for now but to be at a greater risk for tubal pregnancy is what is making me think twice about getting pregnant again. Ladies I need some support here because I just don't know how to truely feel.

Comments

• Honey I had my tubal ligation reversed and am at higher risk for ectopic too. I am currently 5w4d pregnant. I am doing blood draws twice a week and once my levels each 1500 I go in for an ultrasound to check if baby is ectopic. It is scary but so very worth it.
  • Honestly, if you're wanting more children I would go ahead and try to get pregnant. Being pregnant is the best thing for endometreosis, I had a laparoscopy and the dr said if I wanted kids to get pregnant soon cause that it when you're most fertile. We moved our wedding and got pregnant basically on our honeymoon. There are always risks to getting pregnant, if it was me, I'd at least want to try, but I've always wanted a big family. Good luck!
  • I agree with the others if it was me I would try just try to focus on the positive I know it's natural for us to get scared and think what if. But what if u get pregnant and things end up amazing and you end up with beautiful healthy baby!
  • That is just crazy about your insides being all stitched together & stuff! I'm glad you were able to get it fixed & everything though & I hope it helps your pain. As far as getting pregnant, I love what @jules said, But what if u get pregnant and things end up amazing and you end up with beautiful healthy baby! That sounds like a great way to look at it & try to focus on the positive.
  • You need to decide if you even want another child or not. If you do, then decide whether its worth running that risk or not.

In my opinion, assuming you do want another baby, i would say go for it. You never know what life has in store for you unless you take risks. And when the risk is something this scary, i know its a very hard decision...but something beautiful might come out of this.

I lost a daughter at 17wks pregnant after having surgery to remove a 16cm cyst. I was told that if i were ever to get pregnant again, i would run a big risk of losing the pregnancy again. I got pregnant a year and 3 months after my loss and thank God i have a healthy 2 month old today.
    My point is that even when things go wrong, something good always comes along.

Sorry for the book. I hope that whatever you decide goes good for you :)
  • @Minx1018 @Kimberly4411 @jules @Wilsomom @perly Thank you ladies for your encouraging words. I really really do want another baby but I am just really scared. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I am thankful that I have his full support also. I do believe I'm God and I know he has something big planned for myself and my family. Thank you again ladies, I really needed some good advice and support.
  • Having things grow together is always a risk with a c-section, I would assume it is with any surgery that opens an organ. If you really want another child I would say go for it. I believe I would regret it if I let that stop me. I knew two was my limit and question that now bc when I got pregnant I had know clue my son was showing signs of autism. Now I wonder if I can care for him as he needs me to and care for her. My hubby even says that I am fighting the bond with her. I know that in the end she will when but I feel guilty bc my son needs me.

Go with your heart my body for some reason doesnot go Ito labor another c-section may be required is that somet you are willing to go through.