I know I should let it go but...

I know I should get over it but I'm pissed. They are having a huge family baby shower for my sister, everyone is traveling hours to come. I had three kids and not a dad gum one of these people gave me a baby shower. In fact the only baby shower I had was for my daughter and I threw it and payed for it my self and only a handful showed up. Then they have the nerve to ask me to help host...umm no I'm not helping you pay for something you wouldn't even do for me. And the thing that really bugs me we live paycheck to paycheck. My sister and her husband have jobs that pay at least 25hr each and they just bought property....I guess what I want to know is why they don't like me.

Comments

• I know how you feel :(
  • edited August 2013
    That sucks I would be furious too that's nit cool for your family to be like that
  • Id be upset too im sorry that would hurt my feelings. Im confused why they r asking for ur help to host if they are the once throwing it for her. I don't know if you live close by or what but I would just say nicely that you have a lot going on with being financially stressed and taking care of the kids just can't put anything else on your list right now. Then say I'm sure you guys will do great job.Then move on. I mean that way your being nice and not putting yourself through the emotional stuff that will come from it and you shouldn't have to pay for anything it wasn't your idea to throw the shower. Whoever came up with it should pay that's just normal.... And if you approach it in nice way they won't have anything about to say back which is good for you since it just needs to be dropped. No needed stress!
  • Told them I wasnt sure I would be able to travel and please just consider me a guest if I did make it.
  • Well I have 3kids and one on the way did I have a baby shower no I had never have a baby shower wich its depressing because I really needed it ! But what can I do! I was actually invited today for a baby shower from my mil friends yep I felt like shit when they asked me are you pregnant too whens your due date .... I was like next month!
  • Well thats great way to handle it! I think I would have done same thing if I were in ur shoes.

2girls_2boys seriously?!! Some people are so rude I mean how inconsiderate and I wish more people would put themselves in others shoes and think what would I want and how would I feel if ive never had a shower especially now that u got number 4 on the way. I wish I could throw u guys a shower if u lived near by we would have more fun even if its just us. :)
  • @Jules I know right... thank god hb steps to the plate buying what we need ....