Strollers

I am pregnant with my 2nd and due Feb 2014. My daughter will 2 years 4 months in Feb.
I am trying to figure put what I should do about a stroller. Right now I have the Chicco key fit 30 travel system. My daughter will ride in the stroller occasionally but it usually doesnt last long before she is trying to climb out. Im not sure if a double stroller is best because I dont think she will sit too long in it either - especially if she cant see im front of her. I saw online the the Chicco seats work with the joovy caboose.
I was wondering what other moms have done. Has anyone used the Joovy Caboose?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Comments

• My daughter turned 2 right after my second was born, i have a grsco sit and stand and i love it.
  • Thanks @MorgDeeBee. I'm thinking a sit and stand will be best since I dont think she will want to only sit. Plus the Joovy Caboose will allow me to use my carseat, and she can sit or stand in it.
  • Ok to be realistic I think at first a double stroller its gonna become handy because you can't be running after one and having to deal with a newborn all at the same time just what kind you need ? What's your price range? Im 34 weeks and have a 20 months old lil boy plus 6 yo and 4yo and they are going to school need to go up and down the hill. To the bus stop !the caboose leaves no space for the second sitter when you have a car seat and what happenes if your lil one wants to sleep?
  • I like the graco 12 in 1, it has 12 different arangments including a sit and stand, Madison will be a little over 2 when baby comes and although I don't think she's ready for the sit and stand, she will be in about a year, the graco makes the most since to me. I'd go to the stores and test them out
  • I have Baby Trend's Sit 'n' Stand. Works with my son's carseat on either the front or back and my daughter sits or stands in the back which faces towards you. Pricey though.
  • Babies R Us and Toys R Us have this great event (The Great Trade-in Event) where for each used baby item (carseats, strollers, playpens, etc) you bring in, you get 25% off for anything baby related in their stores. You can literally walk out with a brand new free item if you bring in 4 old baby items (which is four 25% off coupons!!). They just had one in Jan-Feb 13. So we may have to wait until next year. In 2012 they had one in July, so I'm not sure when they'll have another. Lol. Just thought I'd share!
  • Thanks @2girls_2boys @Kimberly441 @Fate.
    My daughter doesnt sleep in her stroller now. Anytime she is asleep and we lay her down, she wakes right up. I think she has only slept in it one time since being out of the car seat. She is not a fan of being in a stroller. Occasionally she likes walks but shed rather walk or be carried. I would like to get something that works with my chicco because it is a $300 travel system. The chicco double strollers are almost $300 so I dont really want that either.
    I think I will take our daughter and our seat to babies r us and try out the joovy caboose.
    If nothing else, I might wait snd see huw my dd does in the beginning with baby in stroller and her walking.
    @Fate I love their trade in events. Ive used it twice now. I didnt know you could use more than one coupon.
  • Have you thought about maybe getting the monkey backpack that has the long "leash" so that she can walk next to you and the stroller?
  • @perly that is something my husband has said he would never use.
  • Oh ok. I understand. Then yeah, your best option is a double stroller :)
  • I have the chicco fit key as well and I believe the only double stroller that is adaptable to it is city mini (not sure). I have a city mini and love it! Thinking about selling it and buying the double.

@perly I had that monkey leash! It worked a couple times until my daughter figured out she can simply drop herself like mission impossible and shed be supported by the backpack. Lol! Didn't work for us.
  • @monkey_girl omg lol. Im not looking forward to any of that lol. I have a low tolerance for kids that throw tantrums (i don't say anything to kids in the street or anything like that but if its one of my nieces or nephews then yeah i say something lol) and i just dont know how im going to react when my son starts throwing tantrums lol.
  • Lol @perly hopefully you'll be one of those lucky moms that their kids are super good. ;)
  • @monkey_girl i hope, but i doubt it. Im so weird. I love kids, i just don't like tantrums lol.
  • @perly You don't have to allow tantrums! Lol You're a good mommy, you'll figure it out. :)
  • @wilsomom i definitely won't allow tantrums, but i know they will happen until i put a stop to it. Kids have a mind of their own now a days lol.
  • @perly That's for sure. Lol
  • @wilsomom i can already tell. I wish i could record him and upload the video so you can see the things he does. Its crazy. Lol