just lost my...

edited August 2013 in Third Trimester
Mucus plug! Dr not concerned.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Oooo, I forgot. Can u tell me what it looks like. Ive never lost it with my first daughter n had her at 39 wks & 5 days. Oh, how far along r u?
  • I've heard that the mucous plug can reproduce itself so if you still have a few weeks to go, that might be why your doctor is not worried.
  • It looked like a glob of gel. It was Brown and yellow. Very sticky! Stayed together! I am 34+4 days
  • Mine fell out in pieces.
  • I don't remember loosing my mucus plug I feel like there's always discharge especially at the end well there was for me and its just like what ur describing so I agree with @perly if that is the mucus plug then it must produce more of itself.
  • Ugh im been having a lot of discharge its disgusting I got to usep pads to keep myself clean and take shower as frequently that I can ! Im so grossed out about it !
  • edited August 2013
    The loss of the mucous plug mean that the cervix is starting to open up. Think of it as a cork in a bottle of wine, as the cervix opens up, the plug will come out. Many women never ever see their plug as it drops in the toilet in pieces or is not noticed. Loss of the mucous plug means that labor will most likely start within the next 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes sooner, but that is the norm. If you are less then 36 to 37 weeks you need to inform your Dr. or Midwife if you lose your plug, as this could be a sign of an early delivery.