36 weeks? Where did the time go?

edited August 2013 in Third Trimester
There is still so much that needs to be done. We had the baby shower and got lots of things all except bottles and pacifiers, which was odd.

I have to buy a pump, bags, bottles, pacifiers, a mattress for the pack n play (the mattress that came with it is too stiff and hard). We have to exchange the car seat because it's not compatible with the stroller. My mom bought the Baby Trend Expedition EX Jogger (The one I didn't want at all. I wanted the Graco jogger) and S/O's sister bought the Graco Snugride. Baby Trend jogger is ONLY compatible with Baby Trend car seats, BOOOO!!! That's why I didn't want a Baby Trend stroller.

I also need to start setting things up. We plan to set up the pack n play at 38 or 39 weeks just in case. Thank goodness the PnP has storage on it. I need to clean out a drawer for the baby clothes. Its still a lot that needs to be done. I hope to get most of it done before baby arrives.

Comments

• Let me know where you find the pack and play mattress cause i need one too. I've been wanting to let Adrian sleep on his own at night but that mattress is too hard and he sleeps 7-8 hours straight and i can't imagine letting him sleep in there like that.
  • @perly: I will. I see why some babies don't like sleeping in PnP the mattresses are so damn uncomfortable.
  • I love my baby trend expedition jogger!!!! Also have the matching car seat! My son is 2 now and i will be using that stroller again with this one. In fact we still use it with Rion. It folds super easy and fits great in my car! Anyways I found my PnP mattress at babies r us.
  • @PregnantELF: I have the Baby Trend Expedition EX jogger. The jogger has good review, it's their car seats that gets the negatives reviews.

That's where we're going to look for the mattresses.
  • You have Medicaid don't you? They now provide free pumps, good expensive ones too
  • @ExcitedForOctober: I heard about that. I still have to buy the bags. How do I go about getting the pumps?
  • You have to get a referral through a doctor or lactation consultant. I got mine from the lactation consultant in the hospital. All you have to do is take it to a pharmacy.
  • edited August 2013
    @ExcitedForOctober: My appointment is this Friday and I'll ask my OB.
  • Man u got a lot more patients than I do. I got everything done pretty early with my first and were already setting up the room for this baby and I'm not sure until December 5th. I just get so excited plus I'm one of those who can't rest until things are done. Good thing my hubby knows I'm that way and such great help!
  • @jules: I don't want to start setting things up too early and the baby doesn't come until his due date. I know there's a chance that he may come early, there is a chance that he may come on his due date (I was born on my due date October 16th) and of course could be late.

Plus I don't want things to start collecting dust.

If I start setting things up too early that's not going to help me at all. I'm going to be counting down the days until I have this baby and I don't want to do that to myself. So I think giving myself until 38 weeks to do the rest of the things that need to be done. I'll still have enough time get ready and just relax until baby comes. Though I'll probably start setting things up at 37 weeks knowing me.
  • edited August 2013
    Lol im just weird :) plus I knew id be early all the people I know who r petite all went early two of my good friends their water broke with all their kids so my water broke at 38 weeks 6 days so I was happy things are ready plus we were busy with family and friends at the last minute which is the case this time as well everyone is coming to my house for thanksgiving so I'm not gonna have time to get baby stuff done, especially with Scarlett around she keeps us busy :)
  • 34 weeks just behind you and still need sone stuff!
  • @jules: Well lucky me no major holidays are surrounding my birth. There is Labor Day but we don't do much on that day just light up the grill (hot dogs, polish, hamburgers and variations of ribs) and make a few side dishes and call it a day. No big family gathering. But I'll probably have everything done way before Labor Day.

@2girls_2boys: 34 weeks is early to me.
  • edited August 2013
    Wic provided mine. It medela double pump
  • I got bit by the "nesting" bug yesterday and cleaned the bathroom and my bedroom. I now have space to set up the PnP. I'm holding out until my doctors appointment Friday (37w2d) to start setting everything up. I think 37 weeks is reasonable and not too early.

I do need to start packing my hospital bag. Once I get one. Also the diaper bag.