When did your LO...

Start sleeping through the night? My 21mo old didn't start until 11mo! I need to know what I did wrong so I don't make the same mistakes with my 1mo old.

Comments

• Well mine was sleeping through the night by 1 month but I would wake her to give her bottle. She always had bedtime routine, and I was told to be normal noise during the day then at night only have enough light in case you need to see them, and when they wake up at night don't do much interaction just calmly do what u need if it's feeding, or diaper, then when your done I would put my daughter down say night night time and that was it..she didn't like being rocked or anything always put herself sleep really fast too. Every baby is soo different though so what works for one night not work well for another. But sure hope you don't have to not get full night rest again until 11 months that's long time..I would have hard time with that lol 
  • My baby started sleeping through the night at 2wks old. Adrian's pedi told me to get him used to a routine and then let him put himself to sleep. He told me that the sooner i started this, the sooner he would start sleeping through the night.
    He also told me that Adrian would wake up if he was hungry so not to worry if he slept longer periods of time.
    I guess the only thing i can tell you is to get him into a bedtime routine and let him put himself to sleep. If he falls asleep while eating or something, put him down as soon as his feeding is done.
  • edited August 2013
    Mine started sleeping through the night at 6 months. I started her on our sleeping routine and she caught on. She's still on the same routine and she's turning 2 in a couple weeks
  • Mine sleep through the night by 6 weeks. I tagged you in another discussion that talks about how I do it.
  • I've been lucky both my babies probably around 2 months
  • My six wk old is sleeping thru but she doesn't go to sleep until 1 am
  • I had my son sleeping through the night by 11wks. I have a very strict bedtime routine and I let him sleep on his tummy.
  • @fantastic what was your routine?

@2lilblessings anything you do specific that you think helps
    @monkey_girl what was your routine?

@perly yeah I think that was one mistake I.did with my first, I got him used to falling asleep in my arms, not with this little guy! As soon as he's done eating I lay him down so he can fall asleep...hopefully.that helps.

@jules I sure hope I don't have to wait so long either, I love my sleep!
  • Yes I too like to get full nights rest mostly cause I'm none stop all day so thats literally only time I get to rest. Just try those few things and I'm sure you will notice it helps right away.
  • That's what helped me with Adrian. When he was a few weeks old, he used to fall asleep during his feeding but now he's 12wks and he doesn't fall asleep during his feedings anymore so as soon as he's done i just lay him down and he falls asleep on his own. If he's having trouble falling asleep i give him his paci and he's good to go :)
  • edited August 2013
    My husband gets home at 7 so at 8 it's bath time and around 8:30 bottle and sleepy time. And us grown ups go to sleep at 10:00 10:30. After a few days she got with the program. :)
  • My daughter did at 2 months. My dad told me to teach her the difference between day and night. Basically everything jules said :)
  • Mine didn't until he got his tubes at around 18 months
  • I tried keeping them awake more during th day give them a good feeding before bed and sometimes a nice warm bath at night
  • 6pm we do dinner or his last feeding
    7pm bath time
    8pm he goes to bed, awake, I turn on his music and walk away and shut the door. The music turns off after 45min and he falls asleep by then. Sometimes he fussed more than others but as long as the routine was constant then he was ok. We'd run into trouble when we broke routine like going to a family function or visiting friends but as soon as we were back on track he'd go back to normal.
  • This post got me thinking about my two kids and how different they are and also how different their routines were. With my first, I worked graveyard and had him enrolled in an overnight daycare. We really didn't have a routine at all because I had such a crazy work schedule and it was only us two so it was sleep whenever there was a chance day or night. Sometimes I'd have him at daycare from 7pm till 7am and then back again by noon. He didn't start sleeping through the night till about a year and a half. Now my 6 week old is already sleeping through the night and I'm a sahm and have had a routine since birth.