Contractions

edited August 2013 in Labor
So, I've been having contractions for the last couple of days not knowing they were. Yesterday they got stronger and decided to go in. They hooked me up the monitor and their they were! Ran a bunch of test and came back normal. My doctor ordered a steriods shot that makes baby's lungs develop at rapid speed (didn't know there was such a thing) so now if she does come early her lungs can be well developed. Cervix is still thick so I basically have to ride out the pain. :(

Comments

• Oh man hope glad you caught that! Where they painful contractions have you timed them? What made you go in? Oh and how far along are you now? Wish you the best! I'm still waiting to find out on Tuesday what's up with my body hope it's not preterm labor but just painful Braxton hicks...
  • @jules They were painful but tolerable. From what people were telling me, Braxton hicks shouldn't be painful. I was getting them every 4 to 8 minutes. My husband was really on me about going, so I gave in. I'll be 34 weeks on Tuesday, so still pretty early. I have to go back in today to get my second round of steroids shot. :/
  • Im been having strong contractions that come and go since 33Weeks im 35weeks 5 days now
  • edited August 2013
    @monkey_girl ya I had lots Braxton hicks with Scarlett and they don't hurt at all. The once I've been having just and I got pretty good pain tolerance. Mine are about 3 minutes some are 5 minutes apart. I type times them the second time it was happening. I can't wait for them to figure it out on Tuesday. I had it with Scarlett at 31 weeks and they got the preterm labor to stop that stuff works well! Glad you went in. My hubby is the opposite since his paramedic we don't go on unless your dying lol. So his telling me to wait until Tuesday hope his right. Hope the second round goes well for you today! If you haven't gone already that is.
  • @Jules Yours don't sound like braxton Hicks. Went in for the second shot and got hooked on to the monitor and was having contractions like crazy! They did a test that will tell them if I'm going to go into pre-term labor within the next 8 days.
  • @2girls_2boys Did they give you pain meds?
  • No ! Because they come and go and I didn't have any when I went she just say you know what to do if they don't away and also and hb its like @jules hb I don't go to l&d until im dying lol last time I arrived when I was 8cm
  • edited August 2013
    @monkey_girl wow that's great! I didn't have anything that detailed with Scarlett they just had me on the monitor. Did you know you were having contractions while you were being monitored? Or just once they told you. I can't help but keep thinking if I do go in to labor and delivery before my regular Tuesday appointment once I have another "episode" of the contractions by the time I'm there and admitted and hooked up nothing will be happening. Because they have been lasting an hr I'm sure I'll wait longer than that just to get admitted. But I don't think that those have been regular braxton hicks either. I'm confused for sure. Part of me wants to just know but then when hubby is around I feel like maybe his right and I should just wait until Tuesday. I did notify by doc he did recommend me to go in and get evaluated but my hubby said there's nothing they will do that be can't do himself in the office on Tuesday, and if he sees anything then he can refer me to go right to labor and delivery and skip er cause that's extra money.
  • edited August 2013
    @jules I felt cramping and tightening but I didn't know they were contractions until the told me...lol I have a high tolerance for pain. My doctor called me over the weekend told me to go into labor and delivery and had test ordered, and wants to see me tomorrow morning. Not sure what kind of insurance you have but I PPO and I have a max out of pocket expense. I'm going to hit it regardless, so who cares. They didn't charge me when I went in but I'm sure they'll bill me later.

I know your hubby wants you to wait but it's better to be safe than sorry. I didn't want to go in but then I remembered that things can always go wrong. My cousin lost her baby at 9 months pregnant and she could have been saved if she would have just gone in but instead she listened to everyone who told her she was fine. She has to live with that choice for the rest of her life, now.
  • @monkey ya we have blue shield ppo but it's stupid so we would have to pay 100 co pay to get in the er then 20 percent of whatever they do..then another 100 for co pay at labor and delivery and 20 percent of whatever they do. We just got a lot were paying for right now I'll go if the doc will call and put me through to labor and delivery right away. And I can't go until Tuesday anyways my hubby works 12 hr right now then another 12 tom and since our move the family is 6 hrs away and my sister who is 2 hrs away works tom she just started so can't just leave. Sucks I know and I totally agree I wanna be safe than sorry unfortunately not exactly working out. I'm just glad I've been well today and hope I stay contraction free at least until Tuesday. Thank you by the way! Hope your lo stays in let me know how the tests come back.
  • edited August 2013
    @jules Wow! That's crazy! Mine is not like that at all.

Test came back negative so no baby yet. Got some meds to calm the contractions. My doctor said she is 99.9% sure I will not be having this baby in the next 2 weeks...lol. Still I'll be 36 weeks then.

Hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow. Keep me updated.
  • I know right! I'm so happy to hear the test was negative I'm sure you feel a lot better. Did they say take it easy or that even though your having the contractions they aren't changing the cervix or anything so shouldn't be anything to worry about? Just curious I'm hoping for good news tom as well. I hope it's nothing I sure can't do bed rest I'm home with my daughter by myself most of the time. I already feel bad that haven't been taking her on walk last couple days can't imagine just sitting around.
  • @Jules Sorry been MIA. How did your appt go?
  • It was kk he was running late cause he had surgery than be was trying play catch up so didn't really talk to me but k asked a nurse before he even got there if I can b monitored which I knew would be a waste since nothing been happening. So when he got there he pretty much told me monitor looks fine and contractions r normal u just don't want them to get worst and not end. That was it. So guess I got nothing to worry about. Thnaks for asking! How u been doing?
  • @jules well that's good. Did he check your cervix?

• @monkey_girl no that's what didn't really make me happy but I'm hoping stay contraction free I been taking it easier. So far so good!
  • @Jules Good to hear. Hope you're doing well. I haven't been on because we got our house and have been working on it ever since.
  • Busy busy! That was me only few months ago but it will be nice once it's all done :)... I'm doing well been busy too only had contractions with cramping twise since I think it's all just stretching not worried. How u feeling?
  • edited September 2013
    I've getting a few as well but I just take some tylenol and rest when I have to. Just going to the store takes a lot out of me! Wish I had more energy. How do you do it? :) @Jules
  • Same thing happened to me! After 3 shots to stop the contractions and the 2 steroid shots they gave me pills to take every 4 hours. They still haven't completely stopped, they have slowed down. My doctor just told me to take it easy ( if that is possible with a 2 year old ) and if I have more than 6-8 in an hour to go back to the hospital. Hope you start feeling better!!
  • Well I try get good night rest is hard cause I'm always needing to go to the bathroom. So what I've done recently is try drink more water earlier in the day rather then later that way most of it is out by bed time. Has really helped Ive only been waking up once. I'm like camel though I drink lots water. Then I do whatever needs to be done in the morning when my daughter goes down I usually do some cleaning and then eat lunch and either take nap or just watch some tv before she wakes up. I still play with her a lot so im up on my feet all day plus my husband is working most time lol but when I get minute to rest I take advantage :). It's not long before I won't be getting much rest lol. But you even sooner so get some rest!!!
  • @new_mama2011 I know, right?! The second I lay down my two year starts acting up. Mine slowed down as well but I started getting cramps on my lower right side that have been giving cold sweat. Don't know if they're contractions?
  • @Jules I'll try, thanks!
  • @monkey_girl I think that is just ligament pains I've been having those as well. The nurse told me that contraction are above your belly button. :/