its not so easy 4 me.........:(

edited September 2013 in Getting pregnant
ladies long story short..........
I tryed getting prego 4 five years then I meet this lady she gave me these shots Fr Mexico. 7 months later bam I got prego had a boy. now I Been trying for a year and nothing. people say once u have one it well b easy with the next nope not 4 me. well GD thing I kept in touch with that lady. well I told her I want another baby and if she can help me. she said yes shell b back Fr Mexico in two weeks. I'm so happy cause I feel this well b the only way to have babies. well I got bad news I'm still bf my son hell b two next month. I told my friend and she said it wont wrk I'm so sad I can't just stop that well b so mean to my son. I had ask her before if I can save the shots she said no. they'll get ruined. ladies help give me some pointers on how I can stop bf my boy the only time I give it to him is at nap time or bed time.

Comments

• Well just start slowly transitioning today if you really want those shots. Give him part breastmilk part regular in cup I mean his almost two you done great job he will be ok. Start with the nap time one for couple of days and still due the one before bed as normal. Unless he has no problem at all then just go for it all at once. All depends on the child. Plus I bet once your done breastfeeding all together you might have better luck getting pregnant on your own without the shot. Will be thinking and praying for you. Lots baby dust!
  • Don't think of you taking anything away from your son but giving him a playmate a best friend someone to grow up with. I'm grateful my children have each other. If anything ever happens to my husband and I they will always have each other. I think its amazing you bf for so long. When have you thought about stopping before? After I stopped bf my son I had froozed a lot so even after I stopped he still got some for a lil while
  • It was hard for me too! But my dr said I have to bc it's been causing me to have contractions. She's almost two as well. The last time I bf her was Monday after me dr appt. the first two nights were hell. She cried all night but I had to. For my unborn baby, myself, and my toddler. She needs to be a little more independent bc she's constantly on my ass. I loved it while it lasted but I think I've done my part in providing her with my boob for almost two years lol. Ur son will be alright. U can do it!!!
  • @jules I have practice with he's soy milk he does GD for a while then he wants Bobbie like ill tell him cupy I get he's pillow and blanket ready hell lay dwn but it's only 4 a couple mins I mean there's a start right. so u think its harder for women to get prego if they bf? ty u 4 prays

@debs I know I want my son to have a sis or brother. I never thought I would last this long my goal was to stop when he turn 1 lol that didn't happen my goal now is when he turns 2 I think its gonna b harder at night cause that's when he's mostly on me he sleeps with us so yea. that's GD u had frozen milk left over I used my all up lol
  • @adri805 so how did u do it wat do u give her n a cup. does she sleep with u sry for the questions I been wanting to stop and go threw the process and let him cry but my hubby wrks he won't be able to sleep :( wish this was easy ugh
  • Don't stop all at once because its gonna hurt you. Your body is producing the amount of milk your son eats so stopping cold turkey is gonna suck because you're gonna have to deal with a crying toddler and painful breasts. Wean him off so it will be easy on him and so your supply can decrease slowly as well.
  • Well I think that's great start. It's hard bc you don't want your lo to be sad and you feel bad. But they can do it that's how they learn. It was hard to switch my daughter from bottle to sippy cup arty first I gave up. Then realized I was not having the faith that I needed to just suck it up and all the sudden she did it no problem. I just had to give her couple days. And as far as breastfeeding effecting getting pregnant some women it really does. That's why we have weird cycle and some call it way of birth control. I think for some it really does effect our hormones that much. I've never been on birth control we just used condoms and kept track of my cycle and ovulation. And while I was breastfeeding since we didn't care when we got pregnant with our second we never used protection and I didn't get pregnant. After I stopped breastfeeding and my body took some time to get back to normal and the month my cycle was finally regular we got pregnant. And we were trying by then since we wanted them to be close in age. And I just stopped cold turkey one day bc I know myself I gotta do all or nothing otherwise I would just kept making excuses to do it lol. But it was uncomfortable the first two days but that was it. To me wasn't big deal. But everyone is different. If his only breastfeeding twise day I imagine your supply is already lower than what it used to be which will help.
  • I don't give her anything. She isn't interested in sippy cups and never took to the bottle even when I pumped. It didn't hurt me at all so maybe I just wasn't producing a lot if milk bc I only bf at night like 2 times a night and maybe once during the day or twice. So I don't think it will be painful for your as well if you only did it a few times a day like me. I just stopped, I went to the dr Monday afternoon and I had started to get cramping every time I would bf so I mentioned it to my dr and he said I needed to stop. I felt bad bc I didn't even get to bf one past time knowing it would be the last time. That night she cried when it was bed time bc that's how she goes to sleep 97% of the time. She finally fell asleep but kept waking up trying to pull my boob out. I stuck by it thought even thought wanted to give in bc it was easier then to hear her crying all night but its been a long time coming. I was exhausted the next morning and the korn
  • And the morning after that again bc she cried that night too. It got easier tho. She still whines but she doesn't throw a fit lien she did at the beginning of the week. U should go for it!!! It'll be worth it and hopefully u get pregnant :)
  • @perly I never wanted to do cold Turkey ever, but I think he's big enough if I do decide to. today I been harsh on him he cryed I felt bad but I talk to him gave him a cupy he refused I hold him hugged him rocked him and he calmed dwn gave him he's cupy and he played dwn I know we can do it but I have to stay strong and just do it or he's always gonna b on my boobie I only bf Fr one boob any ways so I just have to suffer with one sore boob lol I have cabbage n my boob lol they say it well help slow or stop milk lol
  • @jules that's y I know I just have to stick with it I have other forms were I said I was gonna do it or I need help or advice. and here I I'm still at it ty for ur guys advice it really gives me encouragement and I do believe my supply is low to which is a GD thing :)
  • @adri805 u make it sounds so easy lol I know I can do it. just got to force it. I believe that's how my son falls and stays asleep also with boob like what I'm I suppose to do at night when he crys and I refuse boob do I rock him let him cry? I think I'm more nervous about night time lol I love sleep lol
  • @perly lol oops layed dwn
  • Lol It was not easy the first two nights. But I expected that. Maybe comforting will help ur son but it didn't help my daughter at all. She would just scream louder if I tried to hold her and it didn't work bc it just gave her closer access to my boobs and she would try to rip my shirt open or lift it up. As bad as this sounds, I just let her cry. I knew there was nothing I could do bc she only wanted one thing and I couldn't give in. Maybe a bath before bed time might get him tired and more relaxed. The crying wont last forever. I think 3 nights tops.
  • @adri805 well today I didn't give n all day he was a little fussy but nothing I couldn't handle. well its night time and he's crying for it he's crys r too sad but I'm gonna try and not give in I know sounds mean but it really needs to b dne
  • edited September 2013
    @perly
    @jules
    @adri805
    well ladies after that cry i distracted him by cartoons we ate ect and then when it came dwn for bed i made him a cupy he dranked it then started tossing and turning just playing around then he tryed putting he's hand n my shirt every time I said no no then he would put he's chest to my face lol cause some times I would act if he's feeding me boobie lol well any ways I sang songs to him then guess wat ladies he knocked out I'm so surprise I thought it was gonna b beyond tuff
  • edited September 2013
    well that's day 1 my boobie is berly swollen up now ladies how do I stop my milk
  • Yeay! See your doing great and he did pretty well today will still have its moments but tom you should be good :)
  • @jules so he went to bed at 8am r schedule is weird lol I still can't sleep maybe the sweet tea I drank lol any ways he has woken up 3 times crying but I have just been patting him or kinda rocking him then he's out so its not bad at all I dnt want to Jinks my self lol I'm gonna. try and go to sleep
  • That's not bad at all! Sounds like his just realizing the routine is little different that's all. His doing great and so r you
  • @jules I Jinks my self I haven't slept he only got 3 hrs asleep my boob is swollen this is tuff idk if I can do this
  • Well you already started can't go back now. Because u can't breastfeed forever at this point longer you wait harder it will be for you both. This is kinda the hill. It will be much easier tom. It's like when people start a diet or exercise routine first day it's like oh ok I can do this. Then next day you miss your "fatty" foods that your body is used to or ur soar and think man I don't know if I can keep at it and all these thoughts go through your head. when most give up and then regret it and try over and over. Don't give up keep fighting through today see what happens tom. Plus do you want yesterday to be a waste? You got this! Positive thoughts :) no one likes change its never the easiest but many times it's for the best. You have done amazing doing this for him for this long. Don't be hard on yourself time for another baby!
  • @jules ty I need encouragement keep it coming lol but what do I do about my swollen boob it starting to get milk duts. OMG my son keeps touching my swollen boob. how is this milk gonna just disappear. y do u get calling me Tom lol
  • Lol I keep putting tomorrow and my phone changes it. But you can put something could I them like bag of frozen veggies. And warm shower feels amazing! It won't last long. Get it to stop faster wear something very tight I know doesn't sound must comfortable right now but helps. Like fitted sports bra and tight top over it. But if that hurts to much then don't bother. And I've read that eating stuff with mint or if you have mint tea helps. You can also take some ibuprofen. But shower was very helpful to me.
  • @jules so I'm awake now he's still out we did it boy way that tuff. I'm n so much pain Jules my boob feels like a big hard rock thank God its just one I'm wearing a sports bra and a tight kinda shirt my chest looks so funny I have one huge breast and one some lol GD thing I'm not going any were lol I can't wait to take that hot shower just laying n bed with my son intill he wakes up I want him to sleep he must have been tierd he didn't even wake one once thanks for advice its helping :) @jules
  • wat kind of tea
  • edited September 2013
    I have heard sage tea or putting cabbage leaves on breast and replace with then wilt as home remedies!
  • Lol I know what ur talking about. When I stopped my right was big and since I was just wearing sports bra and shirt it literally looked like rock not round at all. And my left looked pretty flat. Glad his asleep! Just remember for next time he and u.r having ruff moment that u already went through all of this and how great his doing and that u both can do it. When my daughter has her moments and makes me wanna pull my hair out I just take moment to breathe and not let it bother me by picturing that once I figure out what she needs how happy she will be. Shes in that stage shes trying her best to communicate things and im having times I don't understand and she gets soo frustrated and does this screaming thing that makes me crazy! So hard to stay calm and just walk through it but I know it will be worth it bc if I'm patient in hoping it will teach her to be more patient as well. I think for you day two hasn't been too bad probably only two more days and he won't even know. And the boobs should be better soon as well!
  • I think u r supposed to massage ur breast in the shower to express milk out slowly. Ur doing a great job!