who did epidural / iv med or %100 natural

edited September 2013 in Just for Fun
Im just wondering ?

Comments

• I had an epidural with both of mine and loved it.
  • 100% natural- besides my c section with my middle baby
  • Epidural with both, I see no reason not to and I LOVED my epis :)
  • I had an epidural with my son and planning on with daughter if needed.
  • I had a ton of books to help me with natural, yeah, I was counting down the second until I hit 4 cm, I wouldn't go in with a hardcore plan, if mine wouldn't have been all back contractions I might have (probably not lol) handled it
  • edited September 2013
    Natural :) drug free! Ohhh the pain! Pain no matter what! Did you have all natural w/ your other kids?
    Husband seems to like to brag about how good I was pushing the kids out w/ no problem lol
  • I had an epi. Within minutes I no longer felt the pain and was able to relax. I dont have a high pain tolerance.
  • I had an epi. Within minutes I no longer felt the pain and was able to relax. I dont have a high pain tolerance.
  • Sorry. Not sure how or why that posted 3 times.
  • Epi wit all 3 of mine :)
  • @everyone I did natural since im a chicken and don't want a needle piercing thru my back .... I think im going for the same this time
  • I did epidural and it didn't work very well. It was because my sons head was stuck grinding in my pubic bone. Do you have an induction date now?
  • @PumkinCupcake0307 no I still 38 weeks 4 days so I still can go on my onw and I don't want induction
  • I had an epi and it was "ok" it worked too well at first and went up to my chest. I felt like I couldn't breathe and my BP dropped really low. So then the stopped it and when I was back to normal they restarted it. By that time I was ready to push and it hadn't kicked in all the way so I was feeling a lot if stuff I shouldn't have :( But I'll probably do it again because if it hurt that bad when I could kinda feel stuff then there's no way I'm doing it with out one.
  • I had the epidural twice, I hated it. The first time I had it I was too numb to do anything. The second time I didn't feel a thing and feel it robbed me of the birthing experience. I slept until they woke me up and said he was coming out.
  • I had one and loved it didn't feel him putting it in at all I was very scared for that part but nothing. And it was just right I felt no pain however when it was time to push I knew when I wanted to and when she was out I was good to go pretty fast. Hoping for same this time :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had an epi with my first but it was put in too late because she was literally born when I layed back down. However I was delivering a 17wk old baby so the pain wasn't as bad as it could've gotten. The reason I got an epidural was because I had surgery 4 days before and I still had the staples in so the pain from that plus the pain from contractions was too much for me.
    With my 2nd I had a c-section so I didn't have a choice.
  • I got an epidural for all three. I couldn't imagine not having one with my first it was so painful. My second child I got it to late as I has the needle put in I had to push so I never got the meds but I was fine that go around I had no tearing or needed to be cut like my first. That baby was 32 weeks and still born. He was only 4.8 my third baby was almost nine lbs it really helps with the pain when having a larger baby I had to get cut for him to come out. I think with a smaller baby its much easier to go natural. I don't think its something I will ever attempt with my next one
  • Epi with my first. Loved it. I didn't feel robbed of my birthing experience at all. It did end in a c section tho.
  • Completely natural, and I would do it again hands down. I loved it, the pain wasn't unbearable but intense. And that rush after words was amazing

The next time I plan on having a home birth.
  • Basically everything @littlefae said lol!! No epi for me and if I have a second baby it will be the same, and possibly a home birth.
  • I had the first with no epi and it was sooo painful. My second I got the epi & I was able to enjoy the experience so much more because I could focus on my baby instead of the pain. I was induced with both so maybe that's why it was too painful for me to want another delivery with no epi. I'm gonna try not to let them induce me this time and see if I could tolerate the pain for no epi. I have diabetes so the doctor acted like I had no choice but to be induced.
  • I had IV meds with my son. Nothing but potocin withmy daughter. That's was to help deliver my placenta.
  • I did iv pain meds. But ended up having a c section.
  • I had 5 epis (one didn't take though) and 4 completely natural. I prefer natural if possible.
  • I had epis with both and loved them!!! Every person is different and their bodies do different things and handle them differently. I so enjoyed my birthing experiences and wouldn't change them at all! I think it's important to go in with a plan, but also to be open to change if need be. You won't know exactly what you want or need til you're in that moment and if you can keep going then great! :-) And if you need the pain to ease then get the epi. And that's great too. :-)
  • I agree ^^ @musicmomma Also, each labor & delivery is soooo different!
  • 100 all natural