Breastfeeding Help!!!

edited October 2013 in Breastfeeding
My nipples are so sore and are cracked n just hurt really bad. Any suggestions on how to relieve the pain?

Comments

• Lansinoh cream is great, have you got access to a lc to get babies latch checked?
  • Mine did this the first week the lansinoh cream worked great after few says if that they were healed and never did it again
  • Check out the latch, it probably needs some adjustments.
    When my nipples got sore, I put some breast milk on them and let them air dry.
    ...seriously...breast milk is the cure for everything.
  • I have the Medela nipple cream. Its too sticky and doesn't help much. I agree with @willothewisp and @debs get the Lansinoh nipple cream or like @natashalynn said breast milk helps a lot if you don't want to buy any creams.

It could be the latch too. I recently found out it was DS latch which was causing him to not gain weight.
  • Coconut Oil! I have tried everything else it made my nipples sticky (yuck) I have used coconut oil with my last 3 and love love love it!
  • Yea I asked 2 different nurses and my mom n they all said the latch looks good. I have been using the lansinoh cream.. hopefully it helps soon!!!!
  • Thank you everyone for your advice! @willothewisp @debs @natashalynn @veevee @heather3girls1boy

I contacted my LC and figured out that it was his lips. They curl in instead of out so I just need to keep an eye on them :)
  • You're welcome.