3 Day Potty Training..update*

edited October 2013 in Potty Training
Has anyone successfully potty trained in 3 days using a 3 day method?? I'm off every week sun-wed so I feel like it would be perfect for us. I just bought Tessa some big girl undies and I am so ready to be done with diapers!! Please give me any advice or helpful tips you may have!! Thanks :)

Comments

• That's what my mom did with all of us but I've personally haven't started. She said she would take kids to the potty every 30 minutes at most and if they go she would give them an m&m lol or just praise them. Hope it works for you I really need to start with my daughter but just not on mood to have pee everywhere lol.
  • I feel jules on that one lol I dont wana clean up pee everywhere at the moment lol. Whats the three day method? I remember hearing about it but I forgot. I bought my lo some undies but I think ima start with pullups first then transition into undies in hopes that she dont soak up the bed in pee at night. Lol.
  • edited October 2013
    Be consistent..that's the only advice I ever have for anything because that's the only way you'll see results. Don't reward w/candy. .stickers! ? Uhhh...make sure anyone else around helps out as well & they're consistent too. Good luck :)) I did something similar w/ my son yrs ago & it worked
  • My son was 22 months when he said he wanted to use the potty I used treats for both of my kids and never did they go back in diapers. My husband watched our boy and he was hoping to take him to the store and put him in a diaper because he didn't want to deal with it and it did push him back half a day. I tried forcing him to potty train for two weeks and went no where he came to me and said he wanted to go potty. I feel like it was easier with my daughter she hated the feeling of peeing herself
  • I just bought this little urinal for my son, I hope it helps and it's so cute!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221259335663?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
  • Thats super cute! Does it actually attach to the toilet? Because that would be AWESOME! lol
  • @coltensmamma I think it does somehow, but I'll let you know when I actually get it...It's coming all the way from Hong Kong, so might take a while lol
  • Oh my I love it, let me know how it works out please!
  • edited October 2013
    So we started yesterday and it didn't go very well lol. She had a lot of accidents and I don't think she's ready. She's just not aware enough of when she's actually going and when she did go on the potty she didn't even say anything lol. So we'll wait a month or so and try again!
  • Thats exactly what happened with my daughter...i ended up having to wait another 3 months to try again. But seriously it was a HUGE difference! It was worth the wait for her and i not to be frustrated by the process. She was 23 months when it was said and done. She turned 2 in august and is still in diapers at bed time, but such a relief to at least make it through the day! Lol hope in a little shs will be ready and it will go smoother for you!
  • @coltensmamma Tessa turned 2 in August too so I thought she'd be ready by now but every kid is different! I'm not too worried, I'd rather her be ready so it isn't as frustrating for both of us. And I'd much rather change a diaper then clean poop off the rug hahaha.
  • That is so so true! There is no reason to push something that they arent ready for...you will know. Why put both of you through the misery and frustration when you could wait just a bit and have a smoother ride?!? I say youre doing the right thing!
  • edited October 2013
    Madison turned 2 this month and I'm in no rush!. With baby due in December I'm not even gonna think about it until spring break, she hasn't shown any interest or any signs and is perfectly content in her diapers. I'd rather not traumatized the both of us and wait. Although I would like her potty trained by 2 1/2 so we can put her in gymnastics
  • I potty trained my oldest at 2, but Jack is showing no interest...he'll be 2 on Thursday
  • Lily will be 2 next week and shows no interest and doesn't seem to be ready either. But I just keep talking about it and asking her if she wants to try. She usually says no but I'm not pushing anything! I agree with rather change a diaper then clean up poop off the floor! Haha
  • My son just turned 2 and shows some signs of readiness but then he isn't totally there yet. I'm in no hurry either with a new baby coming I'll wait until he's 100% ready.