Moms of circumcised boys?

edited October 2013 in Babies Health
How long did you wait to give him a bath?

DS turned 5 weeks this past Sunday but was circumcised at 3 weeks. At 4 weeks he accidentally kicked some of his skin down when my grandma was changing him. So we had to wait til that healed. We have a doctors appointment this Friday for his weight check. I'm thinking of giving him his first bath this Friday. I will of course ask the doctor first.

When did you give your sons their first bath after their circumcisions?

Comments

• Probably 2 weeks after. What type of circumcision did he have? Did his umbilical cord fall off already?
  • Well, mine had theirs done before we left the hospital so I waited til the cord fell off.. Sorry I'm no help
  • edited October 2013
    @ExcitedForOctober: His umbilical cord fell about between his 1st andc2nd week.He had the Gomco Clamp.

@sands3: Its okay.
  • Adrian's umbilical cord fell off the day after he was born. Since he was circumcised before we left the hospital, i didn't give him a bath until his 2 week check up when i was told he was already healed. But i did it like that cause my mom kept scaring me about possibly getting water into the Adrian's ears so that's also why i took that long.
  • @perly: My family usually wait until the child is one month to them a bath well DS is 1 month and 1 week. Its time for a bath. I just want to make sure he's healed before I do it.
  • Yeah i understand. What we did was that we would fill his little tub with water to where his back and butt were in the water but his boy parts were not and then with a small cloth, water and his body wash i wiped him all around and that was his bath.
  • @perly, @sands3, @ExcitedForOctober: I can't wait to give him his first bath. I hope he doesn't holler. Lol.
  • He will probably love it. It seems like most newborns do as long as the water is nice and warm! :)
  • Thanks @Wilsomom. I will keep it nice and warm.
  • Have you ever thought about co-bathing?
  • @perly: No. I mean I thought about our first shower.
  • You know what i mean right? Like taking a shower with the baby (more like a bath).

Im only asking because i do it now with Adrian and we both really like it. Our bond has grown a lot more too. Just thought i would share my experience with you :)
  • You can share @perly please do. I only thought about our first shower together. I don't know about bathing with him yet.
  • I have been showering with my 2yo lately because its easier for me to wash him that way, I'm 8mo preggo and can't lean over the tub. I think it's easier to wash with him now than when he was tiny just because you can't put them down when they're little and it gets too slippery in the shower. I tried and was really scared that I would drop him.
  • I've always used the kitchen sink for my little ones so I don't have to bend over and so I have more control.
  • I have a small seat for him and i put him on that when im ready to scrub him down. I don't have any problems but it is kinda scary at first. You do get the hang of it eventually.
  • edited October 2013
    @ExcitedForOctober, @sands3, @Frantastic, @Wilsomom, @perly: What I have is not a tub, I have one but that's when he gets older. Its like a bouncer but for the tub I guess. Anyways he enjoyed his first bath. Didn't cry at all. He love the water being poured over his body. I recorded and took pictures.
  • edited October 2013
    [DELETED]
  • I think I know what you're talking about, it's like a little seat thing that lays back in and it has like a mesh fabric? I use those too, they fit perfect in the sink, or lay in the tub. I'm glad he had a good time! I remember my first child's first bath, she cried and screamed the whole time....I think I had to water too cold worrying about it being too hot! Lol Maybe you can post some pictures.
  • That's good :)
    Im glad that everything went well.
  • @Wilsomom: I will post some later. I was testing the water like crazy at first. At first the fabric was a little cold and he cried a little bit but once I started pouring the water on him he was calm. I added the soap and lathered him up he wasn't too happy about that but he got over it quick. I was hoping he would like it and glad he did.

@perly: Me too.
  • My mom taught me to test the water with my elbow lol. She told me to just stick my elbow under the running water and if it was too hot to fix it and if it was too cold to fix it lol. It works really good lol.
  • @perly: lol same thing my mom told me.