HELP PLEASE

this started when I woke up I needed to pee. I went on with my business and at the end I have like this pain down there fyi I I'm on my period if that matters and now like ever 10mins I feel I need to pee and when I go its a lil bit then at the end again this pain what is this can this be I dnt drink water please help any one can this be a urine infection I'm not prego either help need

Comments

• It sounds like a urinary tract infection :-(
  • how do u get that and how does it go away. @megaroo
  • a burning feeling when you urinate
    frequent or intense urges to urinate, even
    when you have little urine to pass. this is it
  • so I did some Googleing and I believe it is urinary tract infection does any one know what Dr. I go to I have no insurance so I dnt go to Dr.s so do I go to the Dr. when I was prego idk what to do I hate this feeling
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah it sounds like a UTI. I don't know how you really get it but I know that if your pregnant can get it and it can also come from sex as well. UTI is basically a bladder infection. Its usually treated by antibiotics.

I got this from my WebMD app. I hope this helps.
    Is this topic for you?

This topic is about urinary tract infections in teens and adults. For information about infections in babies and young children, see the topic Urinary Tract Infections in Children.

What is a urinary tract infection?

Your urinary tract is the system that makes urine and carries it out of your body. It includes your bladder and kidneys and the tubes that connect them. When germs get into this system, they can cause an infection.

Most urinary tract infections are bladder infections. A bladder infection usually is not serious if it is treated right away. If you do not take care of a bladder infection, it can spread to your kidneys. A kidney infection is serious and can cause permanent damage.

What causes urinary tract infections?

Usually, germs get into your system through your urethra, the tube that carries urine from your bladder to the outside of your body. The germs that usually cause these infections live in your large intestine and are found in your stool. If these germs get inside your urethra, they can travel up into your bladder and kidneys and cause an infection.

Women tend to get more bladder infections than men. This is probably because women have shorter urethras, so it is easier for the germs to move up to their bladders. Having sex can make it easier for germs to get into your urethra.

You may be more likely to get an infection if you do not drink enough fluids, you have diabetes, or you are pregnant. The chance that you will get a bladder infection is higher if you have any problem that blocks the flow of urine from your bladder. Examples include having kidney stones or an enlarged prostate gland.

For reasons that are not well understood, some women get bladder infections again and again.

What are the symptoms?

You may have an infection if you have any of these symptoms:

• You feel pain or burning when you urinate.
    • You feel like you have to urinate often, but not much urine comes out when you do.
    • Your belly feels tender or heavy.
    • Your urine is cloudy or smells bad.
    • You have pain on one side of your back under your ribs. This is where your kidneys are.
    • You have fever and chills.
    • You have nausea and vomiting.

Call your doctor right away if you think you have an infection and:

• You have a fever, nausea and vomiting, or pain in one side of your back under your ribs.
    • You have diabetes, kidney problems, or a weak immune system.
    • You are older than 65.
    • You are pregnant.

How are urinary tract infections diagnosed?

Your doctor will ask for a sample of your urine. It is tested to see if it has germs that cause bladder infections.

If you have infections often, you may need extra testing to find out why.

How are they treated?

Antibiotics prescribed by your doctor will usually cure a bladder infection. It may help to drink lots of water and other fluids and to urinate often, emptying your bladder each time.

If your doctor prescribes antibiotics, take the pills exactly as you are told. Do not stop taking them just because you feel better. You need to finish taking them all so that you do not get sick again.

Can urinary tract infections be prevented?

You can help prevent these infections.

• Drink lots of water every day.
    • Urinate often. Do not try to hold it.
    • If you are a woman, urinate right after having sex.
    • Postmenopausal women may want to ask their doctors about using vaginal estrogen to prevent recurrent UTIs.
  • Definitely a UTI (urinary track infection) its basically a bladder infection. I have one too.You need antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. It sounds like yours is bad so get it asap. They also have a medicine over the counter called "Azo" I bought it a while back but havent tried it yet since im preg and not sure if its safe.
    Drink lots of cranberry juice and water.
  • @veevee thanks this helps a lot
    @MommyLovesSparkle should I just get the over the counter I have no insurance and I dnt know if the green card will cover any thing
  • @MommyLovesSparkle "Azo" does it take it away or just takes pain away and how much u pay for it please let me know ASAP so I can go get it at Walmart right now I can't take the pain
  • Its not $$ I believe you can buy AZO anywhere..drink lots of water...
  • Wait you don't drink water? That is not good. Idk if I read that wrong..but that is something you need to drink every day!
  • @megaroo
    @veevee
    @MommyLovesSparkle
    @nameless and yes I do not drink water but this scared me so water for now on

OK LADIES I RUSHED TO WALMART AND BOUGHT THE AZO IT CAME WITH A TEST I TESTED POSITIVE IT HAD TWO TEST ON ONE WHICH IF BOTH CAME OUT POSITIVE I WOULD HAVE TO SEE A DR. IMMEDIATELY WILL THANK GOD ONLY 1 CAME OUT POSITIVE I HAVE A UTI urinary tract infections. REALLY HOPE THESE MEDS HELP THANKS LADIES
  • I've taken them yrs ago and I remember my pee turning orange..whatever the color of the pil was..so weird lol
    Anyways yes please drink at least 8 glasses of water a day...it helps if you get those mini jugs from the $1 store & have it by you. Will make it much easier and faster since you don't drink it
    (Which is so strange when I here someone doesn't drink water)
  • edited October 2013
    You're welcome. I would still go see the doctor the extra antibiotics might help out. I never tried AZO just the antibiotics the doctor prescribed and it went away fast.

Water is your best friend please drink it. I drink about 3 to 4 water bottles a day sometimes more. Also cranberry juice is good for you too. Though I mainly drink cranberry juice during my periods.
  • If you have a uti you need antibiotics no matter what. Azo will only mask the symptoms and give you relief. If left untreated uti's can be bad news. Please just go to urgent care.
  • Azo always cleared it up for me, But everyone is different
  • I would try the AZO first. Our bodies can fight infections without antibiotics. Lots and lots of water will help to flush out the bad stuff.
  • Tons of cranberry juice will make your urine acidic and help kill the bacteria too.
  • Azo always helped me even walgreens azo. Hope you feel better soon.
  • @nameless didn't know what u was talking about intill I actually did a full pee wow it is weird looking lol
  • @veevee I'm gonna try this out and see how it goes over the weekend I really hope this works cause like I said before I have no insurance :( also gonna start drinking water even thow I hate it lol
    @ashley_smashley I really hope my body can fight this.
    @Wilsomom gonna go get cranberry today ty
    @PumpkinCupcake0307 ty I hope to
    @starrxoxo9 think I might just make a appointment if things dnt go well scared things well get worst
    @Kimberly4411 really hope it can work for me also
    I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS AND THIS WAS JUST NOT COOL FOR ME AT ALL LOL THANK U ALL FOR ALL THE HELP
  • UTI's are definitely a pain, I feel for you!
  • @Wilsomom feeling a lil pain n rib now :(
  • Cranberry needs to be a must in your house at all times. You don't have to drink some every day, but you should have a cup or two a couple of times a week so you won't get uti's often.
    Before i got married, my mom would always make me drink a small cup of cranberry juice a day. I hope the AZO works. I had a uti when i was pregnant and i had to go to the doctor cause AZO didn't help me, but hopefully you caught it early.
  • I'm sorry. :( I hope it doesn't get into your kidneys.
  • I would still go see a dr like a med7 or urgent care because with out antibiotics uti's can get really serious really fast. Especially if it goes to your kidneys! You can get cranberry soft chews at wal mart in the vitamin section if you don't want to drink cranberry juice.
  • @perly get this in my never had a mom to teach me any thing
    @Wilsomom its gone now but it felt like when I was prego and my son foot was n my rib lol
    @Frantastic awww wish I knew about the soft chews can u drink like the another juices that say like cranberry apply
  • I understand. The good thing is you can always ask us :)
  • @perly I know right dnt no wat I would do with out u guys
  • It has to be just cranberry juice and it can't be like ocean spray because that has too much sugar. It has to be like natural, plain cranberry :( that's why I like the soft chews.