Developing Asthma During Pregnancy? ?

I know you guys aren't doctors but I need some help. Maybe someone been through this. Most nights I cant breathe (not normal pregnancy "cant breathe" type. Its worst. Way worst.) I have coughing fits and I cant seem to get enough air into my lungs. It feels as if no air is going in my lungs at all. My voice gets raspy and I start to hear a little bit of squeaking and wheezing. It also feels like a rolling cough on my lungs. It feels as if the airways are too small for air to get in. My parents tried everything to help me. Including breathing into a paper bag but even that didnt work. They even tried other creative ways with the paper bag.. like putting ice in thw bag so I breathe in cold air into my lungs.. it barely worked either. Just now it got so bad and everyone was asleep so I couldnt ask for help I grabbed my moms inhaler and sprayed a small amount near my mouth and within 30 seconds I felt my airway open up and I could finally breathe. I know I shouldn't of used it but I had no choice I felt as if I was going to die without air. Like a fish out of water. I read on webmd that it can be extremely dangerous to the baby if I do have asthma and it goes untreated. Idk what to do because if the inhaler worked then that means I could have asthma. I didnt ever have any signs or symptoms before either. Good news is that I have a drs appt on the 30th so ill definitely ask then.

Comments

• Well I have asthma & my kids are fine. Do you or your family or friends that you see often have pets?
  • Could it be an allergy swelling up your airways?
  • @nameless We have a dog but we had him for years and I was fine.

@perly Im not sure what it could be. Ill ask my doc tmrw tho.
  • Well i hope is nothing bad and that you and baby are ok.
  • Definitely sounds like asthma. I get anxiety induced asthma attacks sometimes, and the more I worry about it the worse it gets. Are you super stressed out?
  • I use to have cats growing up & a dog..thought I was fine..but I was wrong. Same as my son. He just recently became very allergic to dogs.
  • @perly Thanks girl I hope everything is okay too.

@starrxoxo9 That sounds scary! Actually I sort of am stressed out. The idea of raising two kids alone without a job or a car scares the hell out of me. So iam majorly stressed.
    @nameless Oh wow. Ill def get that checked out.
  • Well guys I definetly have asthma :/ he prescribed me an inhaler.
  • Oh no I'm sorry. Hopefully it passes after the pregnancy not sure if it can even be caused by that but you never know. It sounds genetic in your case. At least now you have an answer and can have it under control.
  • @jules I hope it stops after I give birth but dr said it might not. Im just happy I have it under control. Thanks :)