Postpartum Exercise

edited November 2013 in Postpartum Health
I know we are supposed to wait 6 weeks for any strenuous activity but how long do I have to wait to start walking? I had my second c-section 2 weeks ago and I feel amazing already and cant wait to get my body back! :)

Comments

• Well I personally went back to working out a week after but I had vaginal delivery with no tears therefore no stitches. However I didn't do abs obviously. That would have been just asking for disaster. To be honest if I were in your shoes I would wait. I mean u had surgery not only is everything else trying to heal but you have stitches. It can be really dangerous. Light walk around the neighborhood literally nice stroll might be nice but I wouldn't push it. It's hard to wait to get cleared but if you injure something or a stitch gets loose or whatever you will end up from going feeling great to terrible and your recovery time will only get extended. Just can your ob office tell your doc you would like to do light walking I don't see that a problem since I'm sure your up and around busy all day already. But that's just my opinion. And glad your feeling well!
  • My neighbor had a c section back in August and she is really big into working out she waited till 5 weeks and still felt really sore after walking around our lil neighborhood she then wanted another week to try again because it was to soon. Instead of walking for her recovery she did arm curls
  • My ob told me i could do light walking after my 2 week check up and actual working out after 6 weeks. I had a c-section too.
  • I'm 4 weeks PP and my doctor wont okay me for Hot yoga...boo! Only walking.
  • @monkey_girl I would think hot yoga would be good. But you did have c section maybe your doc doesn't want to risk it opening up. I never done hot yoga myself so can't speak from experience. But can't believe it's been a month for you already!!!
  • @Jules maybe the stretching isn't good. Can't believe it either! :)
  • @monkey_girl maybe who knows guess it's good thing you asked rather then doing it then regretting it later. At least you can do other things for now and will be back to regular working out before you know it!