Need advice about infection....

edited November 2013 in Postpartum Health
What should I do to heal from this infection in my uterus? Do I rest, bed rest, keep active? What do I eat/drink? Is it going to affect my fertility? Have you had one & how did it turn out?

I can't even explain how disgusting it is to have rotting flesh/tissue inside your body! It's just nasty!

Thanks in advance for any advice, I've never had this before. :(

Comments

• What did the doctors tell you? I would recommend a lot of rest and water or cranberry juice.
  • @veevee The ER just said to see my regular Dr. on Monday. They didn't give much advice other than that & to start taking the antibiotic.
  • edited November 2013
    Antibiotic should help until you can see your OB. I would still rest and have a few glasses of water and/or cranberry.
  • Oh no :( antibiotics is all I can think of at the moment besides a D&C if you have retained tissue that's causing the infection. Are you still having pp bleeding? Feel better quickly.
  • edited November 2013
    I got terribly sick after my daughter was born because of a uterus infection from leftover placenta. I was back in the hospital a week later. I had to have a D&C the morning after I was admitted in the er, but after I woke up from that the pain was completely gone and recovery felt just about instant once the infection was removed. This was in early January and I am 18 weeks pregnant now.
  • I hope the antibiotics work without a d&c...I've never had one of those! :(
  • Oh no I hope you feel better soon ! And hope your doc has some good advice. Keep me updated lots prayers for ya.
  • I hope u feel better soon!!!
  • Feeling any better?
  • Yes, much better, thanks. I didn't go to the Dr. yet, but everything seems to be getting back to normal now since starting the antibiotics. @fate @jules @adri805
  • Oh good! Glad the antibiotics are working :)
  • I'm glad as well :)
  • Thanks, I think I caught it early because the night I got home from the hospital I started hurting real bad and running just a low grade fever, but the antibiotics seemed to kick in the next day.