growing impatient and feeling defeated

edited November 2013 in Third Trimester
I'm 39 weeks today and had to be induced with my1st child and i have a feeling I'm going to have to be induced again with this one :( why won't my body go into natural labor :( I hate it

Comments

• How far along were u when u got induced last time? Have u been doing things that may help ge things going a little? Like walking, sex, stairs, squats, bouncing and rolling ur hips on exercise ball, epo will help with getting cervix soft which helps baby drop therefore easier faster maybe sooner labor, maybe some pineapple, spicy food... there are lots thinga people try I would do them all to possibly help avoid gettin induced again. Ill be praying ur baby comes on its own no indication!
  • You still have 2 or 3 weeks, so hopefully you'll go into labor by then! I read somewhere that if you want to go into labor, then skip your morning shower, don't shave, unpack your hospital bag, make sure the car's gas tank is nearly empty and send your husband out of town!! Lol Then you're sure to go into labor! :)
  • @wilsomom lol it's true in my case. I had my bag ready the night before I took could things out to use then figured it was don't so didn't put it right back. Then next morning I didn't do my normal morning getting ready routine and was just chillin no shower, and my hubby for the first and only time ever went to the gym and left his phone at home. What you know my water breaks..
  • @Wilsomom @jules I was 9 days over my due date with my 1st and I have a drs appointment Friday and he's gonna schedule my induction that day I've tired some stuff but guess I need to do more... I tired EVERYTHING with my son with no progress
  • Oh man I'm sorry u can't imagine waiting that long. My sister was just 8 days overdue this week end up having big baby! I hope that you don't have to go through that again. Maybe your one of those that keep doing does nothing but rather need a super relaxing day and night.
  • Oh man , I'm sorry, try to schedule the induction as far as possible. Is your cervix ripe? You could tell your Dr. you decline the induction until your Bishop score is favorable. By then you might go on your own.

@jules That's funny, I guess it worked for you! Lol
  • You can decline induction you know? You can go up to 42 weeks. I know that when you're at the end of your pregnancy you just want to be done, but know that if you want to go into labor on your own you can decline induction.
  • @perly yea I'm over being pregnant lol and my Dr told me I don't need to go to much over my due date BC my cervix is titled and narrow
  • Isn't going two weeks over ur date bad? I have a friend who was two weeks overdue and her son came out with breathing problems bc they said they waited too long to induce her past her due date. Idk if it's accurate but that's scary.
  • But being induced sucks imo