Help

edited November 2013 in Health
So today was my son's follow up appointment to see if he needs tubes in his ears. Not only does he need tubes. He currently has a double ear infection and hand foot mouth disease. Because of the hfm he can't be sedated for tubes until it clears. In the mean time they gave him an antibiotic shot that he is having a reaction to. Oh and I'm due in less than two weeks for my next baby. Any advice for a desperate mom?

Comments

• Oh no! Poor baby! What kind of reaction is he having?

I know how you feel, both my 2 year old and I are on antibiotics for strep right now, he had such a high fever last week that he had his second febrile seizure. And now my 4mo old has a cough.
  • @excitedforoctober local rash and itching, they told me to put benadryl cream on it! Sorry ya'll aren't feeling good either. Hope they all get better soon!
  • Were the antibiotics for his ears? Because HFM is viral. My son had it this last spring and its a nasty bug. I'm sorry your little guy is so sick, that has to suck. Especially being so close to your DD. The ear tubes are a pretty simple procedure. My cousins son had to have them and it was a very quick "surgery" they really helped him. I hope things get better so you guys can move on and get past this :)
  • Hope your little man gets better soon too!
  • @frantastic yes the antibiotic was for his ears. But I know it's not good to give with hfm that's why they did the shot instead of oral. Hoping it clears up soon and I can stay strong for the tubes procedure. Thank you for your input!