Kinda Annoyed!

edited November 2013 in Pregnant
So my doc keeps having me get ultrasounds. I had the regular 20 weeks growth scan then after 28 weeks I been measuring small so I had scan at 32 weeks, then 36 weeks which was last week now he wants another on Thursday which is 37 weeks. He just keeps wanting to make sure she's growing ok. I'm thankful his being safe but I feel like at this point if she's a small baby then what are you gonna do? Like what's the point she's gonna come when she's ready at this point and there's not much that can be done about that or her size. That stuff is only in Gods hands not ours ya know. Plus I'm already at the regular appointments every week which I'm here forever to get monitoring then the ultrasound is on different day at different location which I have to pay separate for. Obviously at the end of the day it's the babies health most important not about money. But like I said earlier so will get an update again on how big she is there's nothing that can be done I feel like...I had to vent sorry but what do you girls think?

Comments

• I think that if you feel that the ultrasounds aren't necessary anymore then you should decline them. You are right, the pregnancy has been healthy so far and the baby seems healthy at every scan so there's no need for more especially this late in the pregnancy anyway.
  • @perly thanks once the doc got in the room I asked him what this ultrasound is for and he started explaining. So I said isnt that what they did last week. I guess he forgot and hasn't seen the results. So he looked at them baby is about 4 pounds. Yes shes petite but everything looks good so he said I don't need another ultrasound. Thank God cause I didn't wanna look like careless mother or anything by declining it. I wonder how other babies usually measure by this point?
  • I think ur fine. U r petite and if I remember correctly u had said ur hubby is in the shorter side too right? She's just going to be a small baby and if she's healthy then she should be good to go. How much did ur previous baby weigh?
  • @adri805 I think so too! Ya my hubby is 5ft8in. His super strings but short got guy got sure lol. My first was 7 pounds at birth but she was 6 pounds 10 oz on the 37 week ultrasound. This baby measured 4 pounds at 36 weeks. But like u said as long as shes healthy that's what matters! Plus those things can be off so she can be bigger for all we know.
  • Well my baby was 5lbs at 35weeks but then again, im not small framed like you. Im sure you're baby is fine.
  • Yeah that's true!! Sometimes they say the baby will be huge and it's not or the other way around. He's not short!! Well to me lol my fiancé is 5'6. I guess for a guy that's considered short. And maybe she will add in a little more weight these last few weeks.
  • My babies measured small. With my daughter I had lots of ultrasounds with her. I got induced with her at 39 weeks because I couldn't gain weight and the ultrasound said she was 5 lbs at 39 weeks. Im very small as well. 4"9 small frame. So they believed she was having growth restriction. She ended up weighing 6 lbs 4 ounces. So we were happy about that. My son on the other hand I got induced at 36 weeks but due to very high blood pressure. He was 5 lbs and 3 ounces. I believe good size for 4 weeks early. However healthy pregnancy healthy baby. Your tiny as well and so close to your due date. I wouldn't do them if you didn't want too. I been there and I know at this point it's like ugh same thing yet I wanna see my baby already. Hang in there girl :)
  • @adri805 ya his short got guy. Plus I'm used to tall guys in my family they are all at least 6 ft lol
  • @novmom2be ya I'm short 4 10. And was only 80 pounds when I got pregnant this time around and haven't gained too much so I'm sure she's not big but I think the ultrasound is little off..Plus I got 3 weeks left I'm sure she will be perfectly healthy. I'm glad that the doc at the end just forgot that I just had one so no need for another. :)
  • Its always better to have a Dr that keeps a close eye on you then one that doesn't care.
  • @debs very very true! I'm very thankful that his stayed on top of everything just to be on the safe side.
  • Poor @jules you're getting the opposite of the crap I'm getting. Maybe I can give you some of the "too much" weight I've gained lol. Try not to stress, you're tiny and so your babies will be tiny as well. What do they want you to have a 10lb baby?
  • @fantastic lol seriously I have always wanted to say that. With my first I got crap for being small every time the checked my weight..I can't help that I'm short therefore ill naturally weigh less. And this time it's the baby might be small it's like what do you expect when both the parents are small. Like you said they want 10 pound baby try come out of me. That would be the day!
  • I had to go through the same thing it was annoying but totally awesome to get to see my baby all the time!
  • @raylansmommy1 ya that's always fun. I'm glad though he was just not realized I just did that. I'm busy enough as is don't have time to keep going to these ultrasounds.