potpurri (synthetic weed)....long

Has anynone dealt with someone who's smokes/smoked this? Me and my boyfriend has been together a little over 3 years. And about a year and a half ago we split up because he was smoking it and he just could not function at all he was so out of it all day everyday. He moved back with his mom and spent every dollar he made on it. He would wake up puking everyday. He was like this for about 4 months. Well he said he would stop he wanted to make things right and get our stuff together and be a family. For a while after he was back he became a monster throwing things breaking things yelling cussing it was horrible.. well this past year has been good he was back to his old self never yelled great with the kids very involved with us as a family. Found a job he loved and just got a raise. Well two months ago he took off and went to his sisters ( we dont get along because this is who he started smoking with and she would bring it to him or take him to get it). And didnt come home for two days when he did he was high. So we got through that then 3 weeks ago he came home and said he had to go to his moms and wanted to take our two babies. He came home high I was furious. He drove with my kids while smoking it. (He didnt go to his moms he went to his sisters) so the following friday. My 12 year old had her first dance and I had to pick her up at 8:30 at 7 he said he had to run to the gas station. He would be back so I didnt have to wake the babies up to go get my other daughter. Well he wasnt back so I got them up and seen him just pulling into the station. Picked my daughter up which took about 20 mins and he still wasnt home when we got home. Finally he xomes in and high out of this world. I found his stash and dumped it. He had more well sunday he didnt have anymore and I had to go to my brothers to change my breaks. Kyle said hed keep the girls. I was fine with that because he wasnt high. When I got home my house was destroyed there was raw bacon all over the floor where my two year old got it out of the refrigerator she had it in her hair all over the coffee table bacon all over the floor. Whole broken cig all over. I told high he cant stay here if he is going to get high. I told him there was no way he could ever be around me r my kids high not ever. Well he left and came back on halloween he said he wanted to go with us. He was fucking high not only high bit went in my bayhroom smoking it. I left without him. When we got home he was still here passed out I told him to leave r I was calling the police. He left and I didnt hear anything from him then friday he just shows up like nothing happened of course high so I called the police to make him leave. So in the two weeks he was gone smoking this shit at his sisters he lost his job wrecked his car and blew over 500$.. so after the police made him leave he came back the next day and I dont no if its withdraws r what but he was so irritated. And flipped out and cussed me because I wouldnt leave the girls with him when I went to the store. Then yesterday he woke up and asked if I called the temp place for a job. I told him no because I have my daughters I.e.p meeting tomorrow. And he lost it! I was a fucking lazy ass bum and I don have to go to this meeting and he punched a whole in the wall. I had to call the police again. Nowhe is not allowed here at all anymore. I told him I wanted a part time job and he told me not to worry about it because his job supported us well. Then now he flips. He is a mad man when he smokes this horrible shit. He told me it was my fault he lost his job because I kicked him out for two weeks. I didn kick him out I told him he couldnt get high here and he chose to leave because he wanted to get high. Sorry so long I needed to vent!!

Comments

• It seems like you have given him one too many chances, I would never let a person like this around my kids, I don't care if he's the dad. What if one day he is high, goes through one of his rages and takes it out on your kids? I would never chance that.
  • I agree with @excitedforoctober you've given him plenty of chances. Unless he can prove to be clean for a long time I wouldn't give him amymore chances
  • I agree he has gotten way too many chances. I mean these are your kids you have to do what's best for them. I would never allow him in my home in general until I knew he was clean for long long time and only after I can witness it by myself on multiple gatherings without my kids being around. I would also be very careful because if anything ever happens and for whatever reason you have to go to court regarding your children. The fact that you have called the police on him multiple times and later still allow him around your children might not help your case. Im not judging I am the same way I used to give lots chances never give up on anyone always wanting to help them. But at some point you have to think about yourself and your kids. Plus the only problem isn't him smoking that stuff. His wasting money which im sure can be better used for the kids. His got serious anger issues which isn't safe for anyone..Even if he has never put had on person the fact that u and the kids witness it is emotionally not good. And his clearly shown that his a liar I wouldn't want to deal with that in the hope that he changes, plus how can you ever trust him with the kids especially just asking for something bad to happen. At least that's how I would feel and think if I were in your shoes. I hopethat one day he does turn his life around for the children.
  • I went today to file for full custody I have video of how he is when he is high. He can barely talk. Its so sad because when he wasnt smoking he was such a great dad and was trying hard to better himself for his family. Then he smokes this and now has nothing. But ive tried everything to get him to see that he is a total different person when he smokes it its like night and day. Im done this time even if he does stop I dont want to take the chance of him smoking it 2/3 years down the road and him hurt one of us r hisself. Are lose everything again. And I cant live having to worry about my partner going to his sisters r his fathers. Im just sad and so disappointed.
  • It is sad I would be but it's the right thing to do. Now that you have filed you need to make sure stay away from him no communication. Everything can be used against you.
  • Are you SURE this is spice (or the equivalent)?? I've never heard of ANYONE getting hooked on this stuff. This is insane. I am so sorry. You need to get him out of you and your children's lives. Permanently.
  • Yes im sure its called buddha juice fruit or he'll smoke the buddha sexy strawberry. And when he was smoking before it was the mad hatter. Its insane to me. He use to smoke weed which im ok with I dont smoke it myself but I know alot of people who does and im ok with it. Ive never seen him be so high on pot and be careless or so out of it and couldnt function. Like friday he went in my laundry room and smoked it he came out and I couldnt understand what he was saying I told him I was calling the police because he couldnt smoke it here and I couldnt let him drive that way. So I called the police and he went in the bedroom looking for it he was looking in socks everywhere and he was so confused I said kyle you just smoked it in the laundry room. He said r u sure.i went in the laundry room and the bag was sitting on the shelf behind a box. So he snatched it from me ran outside to dump it. He said dont tell them what im doing! He then came back inside sat down on the couch and lit a cig and fell asleep with the lit cig.
  • That spice crap was the thing to do a few months bck. So many ppl were doing it!! I heard this stuff is so had for ur body. I didn't know u could get hooked either but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sorry u r goif through this. U should cut him off for a while til he gets his shit together. U should not have to be putting up with someone who is putting u through all this shit and wtf is wrong with his sister for getting him started
  • @adri805 I really hope this opens his eyes not being able to see his kids. But honestly I dont think he even cares while hes smoking it. and I no his sister cant make him smoke it but she sure isnt helping him and thats one thing I will never be able to deal with im not the kind of person to tell him he cant be around his family but when he is (every single time!) He smokes it. She took him to court one time and he came back high with a package of it. I text her and told her since you dont have a problem with it and you even take him to get it then I think you shoild let him stay with you. She text back telling me to stfu and she was going to come be my ass blah blah blah. His mom told me I need to lighten up on him when he did it last month. Hisfamily is pushing it under the rug. Hes destroying his life over some stupid spice. Not only his life but my 2 year old asks for her daddy everyday. Its makes me sick to my stomach when I think about what hes doing to himself and the babies.
  • I definitely agree that its time to do what's best for you and your children. It sucks that this is going on but there's only so much you can do to help and so much you should take. Its time to be selfish. The change for him is going to be a long process because its not only him, but his sister is enabling him and his parents are too. In order for him to change he will have to distance himself from them and that's gonna be hard because as humans we turn to our family when things get tough.
  • Sounds like they are being rude because they themselves have or are doing it at well. Therefore they obviously don't see the problem.. Family that truly cared or wasn't being effected as well would be all over that to make sure their loved one was safe, and taking care of his children and other responsibilities in his life. I'm very proud of you for standing up and doing the right thing. I'm sure it's heartbreaking especially with the two year old..But at the end of the day you are being a wonderful mother who is protecting her children..I know for me that's my number one job as a mother. The effects of having him around right now are much more harmful then the effect of a father not being around.
  • Ommmmggg I highly
    Dislike when the family members
    Of the bf, husband, bd always
    Act like their family member is doing
    No wrong or downplay it. It's so
    Freakin annoying! His family needs
    To stop being in denial bc if it was
    You they sure as hell wouldn't act
    Like it wasn't shit. He needs to get it
    Together and I totally get that u r not
    The type to keep him from his kids or
    Anything like that but maybe it will open
    His eyes if you do. I think you should
    Try it. Bc he has nothing to get sober for.
    He still has it all so to speak. He has no reason to change. He hardly has teprecussi
  • Repercussions from you
    And he's able to get away with
    What he's doing. That crap seems like
    It's wannabe weed. Idk y he or anyone want to do that shit. Seems like knockoff version lol. But seriously I hope things et better and I think it's gna take something drastic for him to open his eyes
  • Btw I'm saying from experience with my eldest daughters father
  • I think this is what I read in the news was killing alot of teens...might be wrong but it sounds like it.
  • Im so sorry that u are experiencing this and he really needs a wake up call. I went through this with my now husband 2 years ago when it first got really popular he doesn't mess with it anymore thank god or we wouldn't be married now lol but that stuff is no joke he would have fits of rages and was completely not his self. It completely changes a person. Its makes them angry and hallucinate to make a long story short they have since banned it here in Michigan due to multiple killings and acts of violence u can look it up. One boys grandmother killed him because she was scared for her life her grandson was in a fit of rage and she shot him. Two other boys killed there parents and barely remembered doing it and another person experience when i had to go to emergency there was this boy they had him strapped to a bed and I asked what happened they told me it was another case of someone smoking spice. This was a huge problem in Michigan 2 years ago the boy was hysterical and was trying to trick the doctors into releasing him it was like he was possessed I asked to be moved to another room thats how scared I was he was freaking me out and he was strapped in!! its very dangerous so u r doing the right thing as long as he's messing with that stuff stay far away from him and keep those beautiful babies safe!
  • I did look it up and I showed him. There was hundreds of people who either killed someone died from it r killed theyre selves because they freaked out. They banned it here to but only something in it so they take they out and use something else and change the name and sell it again. Its suppose to be like weed but from what Ive heard and seen its nothing like it. He cant see his girls until atleast dec 23 we go to court and I have video of his rampage and him so high he can barely speak. i lost I when his mom told me to lighten up on him when he smoked it with his sister last month! Idk how she could even say that she dealt with him last time when he was smoking it. She had to call the police on him. But @adri805 your sure right if it was me they sure wouldnt be acting like its no big deal.@zekesMommy @ExcitedForOctober @jules
  • I'm glad u are doing something about it.
  • Ya it's super sad. I think your doing great thing for the kids yourself, and his own safety. It's crazy stupid that after his mother has seen it she can even say that. I would want to get my child help not only because I wouldn't want them throw the things and people in their life away. But also I wouldn't want to lose my child to it after seen what it's done to others. Being hospitalized and dying.
  • Thanks ladies.