getting ear pierced??

edited November 2013 in Babies Health
My baby is 6 months i believe she can get her ears pierced at 6 months. What do yall think of ear piercings

Comments

• I got my daughters done at 3months she is now 4 41/2 and never had a problem. She never pulled on them after having them done. She did cry but only a min till I stuck a bottle in her mouth. I think its a good idea when they are babies I think its easier to keep clean at that age.
  • Yeah they do it at 3 months here in Michigan to got my baby girl done at Pagoda Jewelry they r awesome and have a better variety of earrings than Claires plus I kept hearing horror stories about uneven piercing there lol
  • My mom had my ears pierced the week i was born lol. Yes, my mom is crazy lol.
    But in my family, the girls get their ears pierced after their 2 month shots. They say the sooner the better. I wouldn't know though, i have a boy :)
  • We had our daughter ears done at 2 months has never had any issues she's turning two next month. She too only cried for a second. I agree that sooner is better than later..we did my step daughter at same time she was 5 and let's just say didn't work out they had to be taken out and now they closed up.
  • We had Madison's ears pierced when she was a couple months old. I cleaned them like I should for the amount of time then just twisted them every now and then. Several months later I noticed the back of her eat was black/red, we tried different earrings after it healed but her ears just turned red. We'll try again when she's older with gold and can tell us if it hurts.
    My ears are sensitive so that may be why. If you're ears are pay a little more for the gold even though they usually aren't as cute.
  • I got my oldest done when she was about 10 months and never had a problem she is 2.5 now. I wanna get my 6months old done here soon.
  • I got both of my daughters done free their first shots and plan to do the same with this baby
  • edited November 2013
    That's so true @kimberly4411 I learned from my own experience so we ended up spending $60 on gold minnie mouse piercing earrings they are actually really adorable with a pink bow
  • @zekesmommy that's awesome! I love little girls with earrings, I think her ears were just pissed off by the time we got to the gold and I knew it was hurting her so we shall wait
  • I think ear piercing is something that should only be done when the child can ask for it to be done. It's their body, should be their choice.
  • If I had a daughter I would pierce her ears at 6mo :)
  • I was 2 or 3 yrs old when my mom had mine done and I remember not so much it hurting, just me being scared by the whole thing. If I had girls, I would do it when they're little so they don't remember. And I'm sure it's easier to take care of when they're babies.
  • I Had My Oldest Done At 6 Weeks And My youngest Done At 4 Months
  • I agree with @ashley_smashley. I won't pierce my daughter's ears unless she asks me. They're her ears not mine.
  • I won't Pierce both my daughters ears. Everyone ask me why not and I say I'd rather them really want their ears pierced later on than a belly button, tongue, face, ect... LOL

You should ask your pediatricians office and see of they'll do it. My pedis office offers it for $10.
  • ^^^ thats what i was going to suggest. I wont peirce either of my daughters either but the pediatricians office seems to me to be the safest way to do it.
  • I have never met a woman or little girl that didn't want their ears pierced. My mother didn't allow me to do it until I asked either I was about 5 amd she said sue would have done it when I was a baby because it was to much hassle I kept rubbing my ears and it made the healing process longer my daughter at 3 months didn't even know where her ears were so they healed perfectly with no problems so its all about preference and they are licensed professionals at Pagoda jewelry for piercing and they ise a new sterilized tool each person and my pediatrician doesn't peirce ears soI I did my resresearch bef I got I done. Im very plespleased with my decision and I'm sure my daughter isn't going to disown me for giving her 14 caret gold lol
  • If I had girls, I'd get it done young as well. Like @ZekesMommy said...no girl doesn't want her ears peirced.
  • That isn't true, my sister is 11 and has no desire to have hers done.
  • If my daughter decides she doesn't like the jewelry she can gladly decide to not wear them but I highly doubt that will happen if she's anything like me I lovvveeee fashion and if I waited til she wanted to aske me she might say no for various reasons people try to scare you and tell u it hurts etc. So of course a child who doesn't like shots is probably not gonna want to get their ears pierced not knowing that u really barely feel anything at all I've had two more ear piercing recently and the sound was the only thing that made me almost flinch I didn't even feel it go in and then u have the girls who r tomboyish and once again if she chooses to take them out fine but she isn't going to send me to the bad parents corner because I chose to accessorize her with pretty jewelry, hair bows that i spend quite a good amount of time making her and nice clothing lol either way she will know I love her and whatever she decides is fine with me just cause she has her ears pierced doesnt mean shes gonna be a tattoo freak and wand her tounge and belly pierced thats ridiculous I didn't have noooo interest in getting a tattoo until I was 23 and that was only because my 2 year old passed away and I wanted his birth month flower on me and I dont ever even remember asking my mother to pierce my ears lol I was 5! So in my preference I prefer infant age to do it less hassle either way she wont remember and it will become just a part of her everday routine getting dressed no big deal its a harmless innocent accessory not the end of the world.
  • edited November 2013
    I plan on getting my daughters pierced around six months. I didn't get mine done until I was around five since my mom wanted it to be my choice. I wish she would have done it when I was younger.
  • I have 4 daughters and each of them got theirs pierced between 3-5 months. My oldest is almost 14 amd youngest is 4 - they all love they have it done and are glad we had it done when we did. To each theirmown. No right or wrong way to go about it. Whatever works for you. You have to make the choice that you feel is right for your children. What is good for you may not be for others. My kids, like myself, can only wear gold or sterling silver.
  • edited November 2013
    I got my daughters done a few weeks before she turned two. I wish I would've done it sooner because she cries that they are still sore and she used to put up a fight to clean them. They healed perfectly thank God but they're just sore and sensitive. Im kinda happy i waited tho kuz she understands what earrings are she loves them and dont want to take them out lol. (unlike me when my mom got my ears pierced at 1 I took out my earring and ate it lol.) Shes such a little fashionista she loves makeup, clothes, nail polish, jewlery, shoes etc. Lol. Love her too much. The next baby im doing it as soon as i can! :)
  • edited November 2013
    @zekesmommy No one said piercing ears leads to being a tattoo freak or your kids being mad at you. You are taking our opinion and exaggerating the crap out of. We just offered up our opinions and you went crazy on defense.
  • Well i asked hubby what he thought. I also had mine done as baby. then again when i was in the 4th grade. I remember walking around for a 30min before doing. i kept talking myself out lol. But i think I'm going to take her in few weeks part of her christmas gift.
  • I have never met a female that wished she didn't have her ears pierced. I've met the opposite. I used to be friends with a female who wished her mom had done hers but was too scared to get them done. She hated wearing clip on earrings.
  • I wish my mom hadn't done mine, just saying
  • I don't have my daughters.. n not even sure if I'll get them done..I'd like to wait till she wants them..but on the other hand I used to pierced ears myself .Claires..like other places in the mall..they are not licensed or professional..I literally practice on a paper ear w/ foamnon it & watched a video & BAM I was able to pierce ears! When I said the other hand there were many people (adults) who waited...they were SCARED! It was ridiculous..but I get it. Also I had many people who came in to get a second one..since they got their first one as baby and they were UNEVEN!
  • My mom waited till I asked, and ill do the same with my daughter. I don't see any reason to do it now, its just one more thing for me to worry and stress over lol.
    Though I will say, my friend didn't get hers done until she was 22. She just didn't have an interest in It. (&she took them out a year later lol)
    But, to each their own. :)
  • @nameless I know they aren't licensed at Claires thats y I refused to go there I definitely did my research and asked around and I heard horror stories about piercings being uneven and they won't even refund so I definitely agree with that