home remedies for thrush - help please

My 11 month old has thrush and I'd like to get rid of it avoiding going to the dr. we're swimming in hospital bills and we can't afford to go for them to tell me it's thrush and give me an antifungal.
I've given him a lot, a lot of plain greek yogurt which HAS helped, but he's also teething so EVERYTHING is going in his mouth and it is driving me crazy cleaning up after him gumming on it all.
not to mention my other son thinks it's a lot of fun to suck on things after the one with thrush has. blah. any way to get rid of it faster??

Comments

• It's important to clean his mouth and tongue really well after every feeding with clean wash clothe with some warm water on it..
  • Try using gentian violet, its not very expensive but it is kind of a mess but it works wonders and is safe! I used it with both of my babies and I breast fed them so uses it on both of us. I found it at a small local pharmacy @musicmomma
  • Yes! Gentian violet should work! It will turn your babies mouth, and your nipple purple lol so watch out.
  • Thanks! @3rdXsacharm and @ashley_smashley and @jules

It finally went away, but it took forever, because turns out he also had an ear infection so the antibiotic just kept the thrush alive and he ended up getting a yeast rash too. Poor bubba. But he's on the mend!
    Thanks for all of your input! I appreciate it!