Croup

edited November 2013 in Pregnant
My 2yo brought home a cold from daycare a few weeks ago. My husband and I both got it. I thought we were getting better but then my son wakes up Monday night with a barking cough. His ped says it croup and it contagious. I'm 37 weeks and ready to pop and I'm kinda freaking out. I could go into labor any day now and I can't be sick. I'm also worried about bringing home a new born with a sick toddler. Any advice? I'm seriously worried.

Comments

• Oh no. Ive been so crazy about just the thought of that we been keeping everything super sanitized around here for past month. But my advice do whatever the doc says to get him better obviously. Then im not sure how the weather is where u are but sometimes in the morning open up the windows juts tinny bit help germs get out clean cooler air in. If u have humidifier have it on during the night for him and during nap times..Go around sanitizing everything u can think of door knobs, toys, counters. Just think die germs lol. And get some vitamin or air born always helps in this house if I think something is going around I have everyone drink it. Im super annal about anyone being sick in the house ever since ive had my daughter. Shes gonna be 2 and never been sick! Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen when baby is here..and I'll be saying lots prayers for u I know its stressful not only taking care of toddler but sick one and being at the end worrying about newborn possible catching something.
  • @jules your 2yr old has NEVER been sick?! Wow!
  • Dang @jules my little dude has had everything contagious imaginable. I'll try opening the windows, I think his ped actually said something about that. This whole thing is stressing me out right now.
  • @excitedforoctober well she had roseola one time but that's not cold I couldn't really do anything to prevent that. Some kids just get it ya know, and it passes really fast only few days. My hubby and I don't really get sick either though in 3 and half years we both bad could once but that was before Scarlett lol. I'm very thankful especially because year she was born my step daughter started school I thought for sure she would catch something from her. I'm just hoping I don't jinks it lol
  • @fantastic ya I get crap from my hubby cause I'll open ours up for like half an hr one morning and he be whining it's cold. I mean hello put clothe on not just boxers and I'll turn heat on after. But letting the house get too warm and stufy isn't good for anyone.