Yeast infection help

• WilsomomWilsomom November 2013

I'll be 4 weeks postpartum tomorrow. The antibiotics I took 2 weeks ago for a uterus infection have now given me a vaginal yeast infection. What can I do since it hasn't been 6 weeks yet? Is something like Monestat 7 okay? I'll call my Dr. Monday of course, but in the meantime I need some relief & don't want it to get worse.

• FrantasticFrantastic November 2013

I think monostat is ok. If you're sure that's what you have then use it. No sense suffering with an itchy whoo ha until Monday.

• ashley_smashleyashley_smashley November 2013

I used coconut oil and that helped with itch

• veeveeveevee November 2013

Monistat 7 should be okay to use.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My2BoysMy2Boys November 2013

Monistat should be fine, if you are unsure you can always ask the pharmacist they would no.

Logan James 9/3/08
    Jaksyn Josiah 9/13/11
  • WilsomomWilsomom November 2013

Thanks ladies, I used the Monistat and it's burning like crap, is that normal? I haven't had a yeast infection in a long time and I can't remember!

• I'm in the same boat, was taking penicillin for strep throat last week and now I have one. Going to the doctor tomorrow.

• veeveeveevee November 2013

Also drink a lot of water and cranberry juice to help flush you out. When I used to get them I drank cranberry juice.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories