I think I want to be a single parent

edited December 2013 in Relationships
I really do, because I am miserable. I feel if I was I would be happy. These last past weeks I have been trying to please SO but in the process I have been miserable. I started coming over his house more because he claims it's not fair when he wants to see our son he has to always come over my house. I hate going to his house all he does is ignore me while watching TV or playing his game. Then he wants to have sex. Yes he does help out with our son but only because I have to tell him to or I have to let our son cry for a while. Though this week he has stepped up a lot. Still I'm not happy in this relationship. I feel like I'm constantly being judged or put down by him. He says some hurtful stuff. It's to the point where I just want to not be around him sometimes. I love him or at least I think I do. I tried talking to him and nothing. I would never stop him from seeing his son if we were to break up. I just don't think I want to be with him anymore or at least for right now.

Comments

• Do what makes u happy and if that means being alone as in without ur SO then u should do just that. Tell him you need a break bc you aren't happy. If he gets mad then that's not your problem. It doesn't mean you're going to go find someone else. It means you're going to take a time out to focus on yourself and your son.
  • I agree sounds like you really need to just focus on you and your son. You shouldn't worry about a grown ass man like that. He should want to come over not even question who goes were his the man suck it up in my opinion. And that's just you talking about things when it comes to your son. No person especially a man who your in relationship with would ever be putting you down. And if they are I wouldn't let it fly for one minute. I would tell him the truth and move on you deserve to be happy not stressed out about him.
  • are u bf? I remember feeling the same way but it was my hormones making me see differently after I stopped bf I couldn't believe I even thought of that I notice my hormones took a big change after I stopped now every thing is GD I only get bitchy when my period is here lol
  • edited December 2013
    @adri805, @jules, @Roxy: I bf and supplement. It could be the hormones but I thinks its him too. Some days I love him to death and we get a long so good then there are days where I just want to quit the relationship altogether. I do believe we need a break from each other.
  • I have that same problem with my husband sometimes... couples don't always get along, I hope you can figure it all out hun :(
  • It can be the hormones but at the same time u will never know until u give urself time to figure that out. I think maybe ur just overwhelmed and I still think u should just take time for urself. If ur happier alone then it wasn't ur hormones IMO if ur just as miserable then maybe u have the baby blues and it is ur hormones....if that makes sense.
  • @MyLove2 & @adri805: I hope so too. Yes I will be taking a break starting tomorrow.
  • How did he take it?
  • I agree it could be hormones but thats only part of it. I think it's smart of u to have break and know fot sure from there!
  • I think we have the same boyfriend!!! Lol. But really it sounds just like mine! And I remember the post about what about SO that drives you crazy, and ours both do alot of the samethings lol.
  • @adri805: We haven't discussed it yet. But its sortbof a many break for me now.

@jules: Yeah.

@adding1more: I remember that.
  • How's everything going!? U feeling better?
  • I feel a little better @adri805.
  • I'm glad to hear that. I don't think it will be an overnight change for u. It'll probably take a few weeks. Then u can re evaluate the whole hormone thing if nothing changes.
  • I'm glad things are better as well but what did you end up doing? Did you tell him you need break or what?
  • I decided to do the break after Christmas.
  • Oh ok. Does he know that or you haven't talked about it?
  • We've talked about it. @jules
  • Oh ok. Well hopefully he takes it seriously and you really take the time to think about what's best for you. No one else. You can't make anyone happy until you are. That includes the person on the other side of the relationship and your baby.
  • That's true. @jules
  • Hope things are going well for you!