Well wishes and prayers needed!

edited December 2013 in Labor
Well I'm 40w1d had doctor appointment today. My doctor checked me still no progress. Even with all the contractions my body is not doing anything. The cervix is still high very long not thinned out. The babies head was still pretty high. Since I am over due, and high risk I will be going in for an induction on Sunday morning 6am..I just want some prayers that things go well and no c section! My water broke early with my first but my body wasn't progressing very much therefore I was given pitocine to induce get things going and I had great labor and delivery. Im hoping things go well again. Just really scared that it could possibly end in c section. Please sent all your prayers and well wishes I can use them! And im getting worried about my daughter I'm gonna miss her like crazy while at the hospital and I know she's going to have hard time without me I've never left her more then two hrs. Hope she does well..I'm leaving very detailed list for my mom whose staying at our home to watch her, hope that helps.

Comments

• Praying for you and baby. I hope you have another great birthing experience.
  • @debs thank you very much!
  • prayers ur way. keep us updated
  • Praying 4 ya I know it sucks I went into labor at 40 weeks and 1 day but my 1st born I had to be induced I was in ur boat it will be ok tho!
  • @roxy
    @lovemtlife11
    Well here as an update I've been having contractions for past 3 hrs I don't know when to go in though bc right now they are about 7 minutes apart about minute long. Maybe I won't be making it to my induction after all.
  • Hopefully this is it for you! I hated being induced it made labor 10x worst for me! How are you doing now? Still contracting?
  • Good luck. Just keep calm. The important thing is to deliver a healthy baby girl in a safe way :)
    Everything will be fine.
  • I will ne thinking about you. Good luck! And I cant wait to see them pics of your baby!!! I will be stalking pregly and facebook. Lol!!!
  • Lots of prayers your way and I hope everything goes great! Good luck :)
  • edited December 2013
    @mommylovessparkle
    @excitedforoctober
    Well didn't make it to my induction that was set for tomorrow. She decided she wants be here today! At the hospital almost at 7cm. Got my epidural 20 minutes ago doing well. Hopefully she's here soon !
    @adding1more
    @adri805
  • Yay!!! Good luck!
  • Omg that's good! My little man did the same, was scheduled for induction at 5am and woke up at 12am with contractions....good luck!
  • Yay!!!! Let us know how it goes! Good luck. :)
  • Awesome!!! Praying for a safe delivery. :)
  • She had her everyone! I'll let her update more.
  • Awwww can't wait for pics
  • Yay! Congrats.
  • Congratulations... I'm going on the new forum for updates.
  • @veevee
    @2ndtimearound
    @novmim2be
    @lovemylife11
    @1stwoodsbaby
    @wilsomom
    @adri085
    @excitedforoctober
    @ourlittlenugget
    @adding1more
    Thank you everyone! Sorry took awhile been busy enjoying our little girl. Addeline Joy was born 12/7/13 at 12:34pm. She is 6 pounds 5 oz and 19 inches long. Everything went really well pretty fast. I started with the contractions at home at 11:30pm couldn't get hold of my hubby until way later once I had enough and called dispatch and they paged him. He came home from work and we were at the hospital at 6:30am. I was at 4.5cm got my epidural at 6cm and not long after was ready for few pushes she was here! Small but nice and healthy. So far great at breastfeeding and good sleeper very calm and quiet baby!. Thank you for all ur thoughts and prayers! And her older sister Scarlett came to visit loved her it was super sweet to watch :) get to go home today early afternoon from what we been told.
  • Congratulations !!!!!!!!!
  • That's great! So glad you didn't have to get induced. Sounds like everything went really well. Enjoy that baby! :)
  • @wilsomom yes all went great! She was going really well until 1am hit been having issues since then with food. She's getting frustrated and then I'll finally have her settled and she will poo. Then that wakes her she remembers she's hungry so I try feed her over and over but I don't think she's able to get much since my milk hasn't come in..I might have to give her bottle if it keeps going on like this. I don't know...
  • If you do, I'd suggest finger feeding or a syringe or something. I used a bottle & he got lazy & won't breastfeed at all now. :( I couldn't get hardly anything out with a pump either so now he's just on formula.
  • @wislomom how would u do finger feeding or syringe? Ive never heard of that. I used bottle if our first because she had latching issues and I wasn't making much so I had to supplement with formula. But yea after awhile I just pumped and did it all out of the bottle. What I also find this baby doing that my first didnt she likes to use me to soothe herself and fals asleep. Is that bad routine to get into u think? I used paci once last night shes not big fan but I was just trying to see if she was actually hungry or wanting to soothe. But id rather not do paci cause when they r little they fall out then constantly have to get up put it in cause they get depend on it ya know.
  • First off congratulations!!!

With regards to breastfeeding, its really normal for your milk not to come in til day 3-5, babies tummy is about the size of a marble so they don't need much at all (if you're having poopy & wet nappies, she's getting enough) all the frequent feeding will build up your supply & if you supplement with formula it will affect your supply. They also don't recommend using a paci for the first 6 weeks (think its 6 anyway) to avoid nipple confusion.