Addeline Joy!

edited December 2013 in Birth Stories
Sorry took soo long to get the birth story up I wanted to have picture for you guys. Hubby been working and I have no idea how to post the picture now that I don't use Photobucket anymore. Anyways here is the birth story of our second baby girl Addeline Joy.
On 12/6 around 11:30pm i started to get contractions but they weren't bothering me until about 1:30am when i could no longer sleep at all because of the horrible back labor which i didn't experience before and the fact that the contractions were getting very regular. I finally called my hubby who was at work and couldn't get hold of him. Finally by 4:30 am I had enough and knew this was it for sure. I called dispatch they paged him and he was home by 6am. We got to the hospital around 7:30 since i was taking forever to finish getting ready lol and I wanted to eat and he needed a shower. Anyways the day before i had a doc appointment and he scheduled an inductions because i was already 40 weeks and with no progress. My cervix was very high and long, babies head was very high no effacement no cervical change. Well when i got to the hospital i was already at 5 cm. Few hrs later I was able to get my epidural YeaY!!! at which point i was already at 7 cm. and she came very fast only $ pushed which took few minutes :) She was born at 12:34pm 6 pounds 5 ounces and 19 inches long. So far has been a great baby, and Scarlett has been helpful big sister!!! thank you all who sent me all that labor dust I am so glad I went on my own because I was very scared to get induced.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FjV2jzsGE5DEksVqfJae0EETixh5SrSJ7dn-Y1ewN7s?feat=directlink

Comments

• She's precious!! How are you enjoying the 2 babies? Isn't so great to have them so close in age :) I just love it. Hope your healing well
  • @novmom2be thank you! Well first couple days was crazy cause she was waking up every hr so I was tired during the day so it was making me cranky especially towards my now 2 year old. But I got routine going for the baby so shes sleeping much better so I'm enjoying them. Scarlett is so helpful everytime I go change diaper she runs and gets me wipe and diaper I never even showed her. And tonight she even put it in the genie for me like she does with hers lol. She also been little sick just runny nose I'm sure once she's better things will be even easier around here. :) So far I think in healing well my body sure bounced back fast so I'm thankful for that!
  • That's great that you bounced back! I pretty much did too soon after. Im 8 weeks post partum now and never felt more better. Macey is the same way with her baby brother, bringing diapers and wipes. So loving and wanting to help. She smothers him at times lol. My husband works crazy hours right now. 2-11:30 pm. And by the time he goes to bed it's super late and catches up on sleep. So im pretty much doing everything. Which I don't mind since he's working. But I think we got a routine down finally and my son is a great sleeper and hardly cries. Macey my 2 year old had colic :/ so I had it rough. So I count my blessings on how quiet and sweet he is. How was Scarlett's 2nd bday? Do anything fun
  • @Jules she is so adorable!!! I responded on the new forum too but had to tell you again. I'm glad that you had such a great experience!!
  • @novmom2be yea I'm same way don't mind because I rather be at home going crazy at times then going to work lol. I'm very thankful my kids didn't have colic hopefully this one never does sounds like nightmare from what others described..my step daughter had it though. Scarletts birthday was exactly right for her..she hates going out to restaurants right now. So we had some friends and family here. We made her special breakfast and let her open her presents which out of that she just wanted her balloons lol. Than had dinner at home and made her chocolate cake with home made strawberry frosting was amazing if I may say so myself. I got the routine for Addeline going so she only wakes up two times a late night feeding about 11pm. Then noting until about 3am then again about 6:30 which I don't count as middle of the night because I have plenty of energy by then. I'm happy since she's not even two weeks yet.
  • @kenzie0713 thank you thank you!!!
  • @jules awww im glad she had a good bday! And the strawberry frosting sounds yummy! Is she 2 weeks already?? Goodness tine flies I been trying to keep up here more. It felt like yesterday you announced going into labor! Sounds like we have alot in common with. Im barely settling down here at home. Im in Texas so it's 10:30 here. Kids are asleep. I finished up house duties now time to enjoy some quiet time. Im gonna inbox you my number. Definitely would love to keep in contact since it sounds we have a whole bunch in common from our petite ness, hubby's schedules kiddos...lol
  • @novmommy2be Yea shes 11 days so almost at two weeks. :)
  • She's beautiful!!!!
  • edited December 2013
    It wont let me see the picture but im sure shes gorgeous. Congratulations! I was looking forward to your birth story. :)
  • It won't open the pic for me :-/
  • @mommylovessparkle
    @luvmy5 I'm
    I'm sorry I know exactly why it's doing that I'm gonna have to have hubby get the new link in the morning.
  • I can't see the pic :( but congrats girl!
  • @jules i was just thinking bout ya. Wondeting if you had your your little. Congrats on your baby girl mama. I cant get the pic to load but im sure shes beautiful. I had my little also on Dec10th a day before my scheduled csec.
  • @newflmom2b congratulations! Isn't it funny how things work out. My doctor schedule me to be induced on the 8th and I went into labor on my own she was born on the 7th. I hope your feeling well :) I need details name?! Now did labor go?
  • The pic still doesn't work for me...
  • @luvmy5 im sorry. Hubby fixed it!
  • Congrats hun and pic doesnt work :/
  • @pumpkincupcake0307 it works for me and before I fixed it it wasn't working but now is.
  • She is so cute! Her cheeks make her look so chubby. I bet she is just perfect to snuggle. Congrats. What a sweetie.
  • @luvmy5 I totally agree she looks chubby in the face and she's actually super tiny in person. We were with family over the holidays and everyone kept saying I'm scared to hold her or burp her because she's so small I don't want to break something.. and my brother and his wife were there with their newborn whose 4 weeks older and his big boy so it was very funny see them next to each other lol
  • Oh goodness she is just sooooo adorable! Those cheeks! ♥
  • @mommylovessparkle thank u! Our first was the same way when she was newborn with the cheeks lol
  • She is so adorable. Cute outfit!
  • @veevee thank you! One of many reasons why I love girls they are so fun to dress for me lol
  • edited December 2013
    The boys are catching up though. Carters is starting to have some cute outfits for boys. I do agree its a much bigger selection for girls.
  • edited December 2013
    Yes I think they have improved! I have nephew that's only 4 weeks older then Addeline and I found couple cute things for him for Christmas.@veevee