Pneumonia while pregnant

Im 34 weeks exactly.
So the Dr diagnosed me with bronchitis on Wednesday. She prescribed me Augmentin and thats what im currently taking and been taking. But I feel horrible even worst then before. I have major back pain and sweats. I'm violently coughing up *tmi* thick yellow mucas CONSTANTLY. My ribs hurt trememdously, Vomiting , Nausea.. you name it I have it. Im not sure if i have a fever though :( I think its turned into pneumonia. My family want to take me to the hospital but idk what the hospital can do about it. I dont want to take any drugs or pain killers or anything that can harm the baby. Maybe its just the iv fluid that i need? I guess what im asking is what should I do I know peumonia can be dangerous so im lost. Please help.

Comments

• GO IN!!
    I caught H1N1 and it turned into pneumonia and it nearly killed me. I was 35 weeks and had to have an emergency c section. It is better to be safe. Please be seen.
  • Well you can try urgent care first if your not sure..but as far as the iv fluid that's just sugar water they would give way more then that is it's pneumonia iv isn't ment to cure anything just replanishes your body with fluids fast..good if your throwing up or if they want to administer any medication they know your body is nice and ready.
  • @luvmy5 omg thats so scary. Im going in right now. I took my augmentin at 1am. It barely did anything. Im having violent coughing fits since 9pm with lots of mucas and my back is KILLING me. The back pain alone is what made me want to go in.

@Jules oh okay i understand. Im going to go in now I feel horrible.
  • I'm so sorry hope they have something that can help fast. Good luck keep us updated !
  • @jules Thanks. Im still at the hospital now. I spent an hour and a half checking baby in l&d shes doing great. They sent me down to the er where they gave me a breathing treatment, prednisone, and a new antibiotic zithromax. They said the augmentin shouldve helped by now and the fact that it didnt meant that I needed a new antibiotic. Im so happy I came. I feel soooooo much better. Although my very shakey and my heartbeat is beating extra fast. I feel good. I cant wait to go home and get some rest.
  • And I dont have pneumonia. Thank God! Its still bronchitis.
  • Glad your starting to feel better! Hopefully you get home soon
  • Glad its not pneumonia, hope you feel better soon!
  • Thank goodness! You were shaky from the breathing treatment. It could've gone into pneumonia if it had of continued since the meds weren't working. I'm so glad you went in and all is well. Its scary and I hope you get to feeling better ASAP.
  • @jules @kenzie0713 @luvmy5 thanks ladies! Gahh idk what id do without you guys. **major hugs**
  • How are you feeling today?
  • Glad you two are okay!
  • @luvmy5 Thanks for checking up on me. :) I didnt see the comment until now though. Im feeling MUCH better. The zpack did the trick. Im still coughing but not nearly as bad. Today was my last day on the zpack and prednisone so I hope I still feel good tomarrow.

@pumpkincupcake0307 Thank you! How are you feeling? Any better?