Any extreme couponers or Moms of kids who love mac n cheese lol?

Wellllll.. today I did my first couponing shopping trip! :) Went to Albies (Albertsons) and seen that they have this AMAZING deal on Kraft mac and cheese. I want to share it with all my preglies :) Ill try to put it as not confusing as possible lol..

They have this sale going on for kraft mac n cheese. If you buy 4, each box will be .47 cents.
Now if you buy 5 the register prints out a catalina (register coupon) for $2 off your next purchase of 7 boxes of mac n cheese.
Basically what I did was have 4 seperate transactions of 8 boxes each transaction. The first total came out to be $3.76.. then it printed a $2.00 off coupon that I used on my 2nd transaction making my total for the next 8 boxes of mac n cheese only $1.76! Then that transaction printed out a $2.00 coupon so then I just repeated it :)

Im sorry of thats hard to understand. Basically my first total was $3.76 for 8 boxes then all the following transaction totals were only $1.76 for 8 boxes. So I have a total of 32 boxes of mac and cheese for only $7.04 :)

I hope this is understandable lol. I know times are tough and most kids are picky eaters but love mac and cheese lol. So go stock up!

*they also do rainchecks so if they're out of stock just get a raincheck.I think the catalina stops printing on the 7th when the sale ends.
If all else fails go to walmart and price match them for .47 cents 3.76 is still a great deal for 8 boxes :)

Comments

• I wish we could do that in Canada lol
  • Nope. :( alllll coupons have a disclaimer saying limit one per customer (sometimes even one per house hold) and not applicable with any other coupon (& sometimes not applicable with any deal/special)
  • edited January 2014
    That's A LOT of mac n cheese.. I love mac n cheese but damn. I have a love/hate feeling when it comes to these extreme coupon stories. On the one hand, its great to find good deals and stock up (within reason) but on the other hand it really sucks when you go to buy something and the shelf is cleared out because someone had a million coupons. I know times are tough but hoarding that much of one thing is a little greedy. IMO...
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way @starrxoxo9
  • Not to mention if I got stuck behind someone doing 4 transactions for some dang mac n cheese I'd be less than thrilled. @minx1018
  • lol @starrxoxo9 I refuse to get in line behind a couponer! I have two little kids, am hugely pregnant and quite frankly don't have time to wait in line for ages for products that I can get at almost any store.Plus I have seen some crazy couponers who have got in fights over stuff on the shelf and it just isn't worth it.
  • @minx1018 That is so ridiculous. People amaze me...
  • edited January 2014
    @starxoxo9 & @minx1018 You guys are meanie butts lol :p first of all it was past midnight and the store was dead lol, second my daughter LOVES mac and cheese and I buy alot of mac n cheese and it gets really expensive, third I dont clear shelves :)
    I understand where u guys are coming from but when its something u use alot then I say go for it, but when you dont need it and clear the shelf thats what makes me mad. I only coupon for stuff I use and dont have the cash for since I dont have any income yet.
  • Nothing wrong with sharing a good deal, I'm sure majority will appreciate passing along a money saving deal. I don't mind waiting behind someone who is trying to find ways to save money and feed their family. I would rather that than seeing mom dressed nice and warm while kids are dirty and half naked. I think couponing is awesome and I love when I get a good deal. Thanks for sharing!
  • I agree with @luvmy5 great point its not like ur one those extreme coupon people just to do it u got one thing like u said that u use a lot. And ur not doing anything illegal I dont see anything negative in it. Ur providing for your daughter by using coupons to save which is what they were created for. Better then expecting others to provide for your lo in my opinion. I appreciate that u took the time to share although I dont get that kind coupons in the mail and would probably be way confused by the whole thing..but if I could I would use coupons for things my family use. And those that get frustrated at the store when they r behind someone slow frustrate me personally im always behind the one frustrated and I just wanna say to them each time like well then go into self check out or hello its the grocery store one should always come knowing there will be a long or slow line majority of the time and ur frustration isn't gonna change anything.
  • I only get annoyed with a ton of people and not enough registers open and the employees are standing around. Otherwise I don't expect to go to the store and to be catered to by expecting to not have to wait. We are all there for the same reason and none of us are more important and our time isn't more important that everyone else. Be patient and your turn will come. What if the roles were reversed and you had some sort
    of hold up? Price check, payment issue, etc. the extreme coupon is different and that's hoarding. Saving money on an item(s) you use a lot is wonderful. Who doesn't like to stretch a dollar? Not everyone is fortunate enough to just pay whatever the asking price is and even if they are doesn't mean we all want to pay more if we can get a deal on it. Money or
    not I'm sure we can all agree that saving is awesome.
  • edited January 2014
    @luvmy5 Thanks ! :) that really disgusts me when I go to a place like walmart and its freezing outside and the mom is bundled up from head to toe while her baby has a light jacket on and no socks. Ugh it irritates me! It makes me want to take the shirt off my back and wrap it around the baby.
    I agree with the ton of people and not enough registers open either. Walmart does that alot sok I stopped shopping there unless its necessary lol.

@Jules thank you :) ! Doing it all on my own is hard but I had to find some sort of way to provide for my girlie(s) without having a job yet and I did it :) working while pregnant would be horrible with my spd and since I dont have to pay bills at my parents or buy my own food just the basics are up to me. I dont want to depend on my parents for everything even though they would buy us every thing we need but their not rich either so I dont want to put a hole in their pocket. I was super confused at first but it was basically a skill I forced myself to learn so we can get by.. and the best part is im not doing anything wrong :) I do it by the rules and if someone needs something I have in my tiny stockpile im not greedy I just give them what they need. :)
  • Well that's great I think. And wish you the best in finding something after that baby is here!
  • I completely agree! Kids come first no matter what. I admire you're doing what you can to raise your children and put them first. Kudos to you!
  • Nothing like exaggerating what I said to the Nth degree lol @luvmy5. I stand by my opinion. And she agreed with me. I said I don't mind couponing within reason but when people get greedy I think it's unfair. Did I call HER greedy? Nope. And her further explanation of her experience solidifies my guess that she isn't one of those people. Geez what's up with you lately?? You said on her other post that certain people only post to stir the pot but it seems like you only post to fuel the fire and make it worse! You've taken 2 different opinions on 2 different posts and blown them way out of proportion. Did you ever think that conflicting opinions aren't always meant to make someone feel bad but to just give them a different perspective?? I mean what is this forum becoming? "Agree or leave"?
  • @mommylovessparkle I hope you didn't take offense from my original comment. I wasn't trying to put you down just show that there are 2 sides of it. I get where your coming from, we have 2 incomes and I still struggle sometimes and use coupons every chance I get. Who doesn't like to save money?? I just think that some people go overboard and make it unfair for everyone else.
  • I have been here for years. I left and came back. When I was gone people would mention drama and when I would look I would always see the same 3 people causing it. I'm seeing the same people still doing it and it makes me sad to see. I had hoped by it being quiet and so many gone that it would have changed but I was wrong. That other person is constantly being rude and its unacceptable. It needs to stop. Poor Chloe was clearly upset and she was attacked on both posts. You were rude to begin with. You made snarky comments that weren't needed. I appreciate when someone shares a good deal. Anyway, I said what I felt (as did you and others) so just leave it be. I mostly keep to myself and this is exactly why as well as so many other members are either gone or lurk. Less drama from the antagonistic members.
  • edited January 2014
    @luvmy5 I've been here since January 2011, I know who you are. I also know who you were. And you usually seem rational and level headed. Why is why you should understand that this is the internet and people CAN and WILL have different opinions. When you post on a public forum you run the risk of getting a reply that you may not like, true or not. Whether or not you think I was being rude (which I really don't think I was, except maybe the 2nd comment, which I wasn't fully serious anyways and if you knew me you'd get that) what I said is the truth. There's a fine line between getting a good deal and stocking up on things and being greedy. If I went to Wal-Mart and bought 40 bottles of ketchup just because I could get it for $.10 and cleared the shelf so no one else could have any, that would be greedy. If I found the same deal and only bought 4 or 5, that'd be different. A lot of people who coupon buy tons of unnecessary shit just to get a deal and make it harder for people who don't coupon to buy just 1 of something.
  • She clearly was not doing the extreme end of it starr. Anyone can see she wasn't being excessive. You are correct you can put the difference of opinions out there and that's fine. But with tact and respect. Its all how you say it. Just coming on a post to make a rude snide comment isn't cool either. I am tired of the drama. This forum is a few years old and the members have grown up in age and are having subsequent children and things have died down. With that should have been the drama too. It has reduced drastically but is still there and those couple of people can't stop. Which is why so many have joined Facebook groups and Pregly has died down. Anytime someone tries to pop in and be active they see the rude behavior and they bail again. I see so many posts how people miss how it used to be so busy and active but nobody wants any part of the ridiculous drama it entails.
  • edited January 2014
    If I came across as rude because I wasn't like "Wow omg that's amazing!" then I'm sorry. But I really wasn't trying to be rude just trying to point out another perspective. She agreed with me in her reply! So therefore you didn't have to come in and exaggerate the shit out of the whole situation. Whatever. I really don't even care and if you want to think I'm rude that's your problem not mine. And as far as the "other person" you think is rude, she's always 100% correct in her posts. People wanna hear what they want to hear and if someone has the balls to tell it like it is then they're rude and should be shunned into submission. And we wonder why society continues to crumble...
  • And this is where different of opinion definitely comes into play because I couldn't disagree with you more. Have a good evening, Starr.
  • Thanks I will! :)
  • Lucky. I try to coupon but it's hard here in hawaii. We don't have most the stores like u guys have up there in the mainland lol