Meet n Greet?

edited January 2014 in Baby showers
I am planing to have a shower when baby is born so then everyone can see her and not be over at my house the first few weeks I felt smothered with my first,
Who had a shower with the baby and can you please tell me the pros and cons you had to deal with!
Thank you! :D

Comments

• My friend had her son prematurely so he was at her baby shower. Since he was her first she didn't have anything and was scrambling to get stuff at the last minute.
  • Well, I only had showers with the first and it was before baby. I dont know how your family is, but the second time around not as many people seem to care. I shouldn't say they don't care, BC they do, but not as many people seem to bombard you and visit right away. That was my family and what I've heard from others.
  • I had a meet and great. She was 10 days old. :) the pros were everyone came, guys girls young old family friends. Plus baby was there, so I didn't worry about games. We just hung out and enjoyed her. The cons were that I was still feeling yucky from labour, plus my hormones made me stink so I had like 4 showers that day haha. If I had an opportunity I'd do it again. The focus was on her, not me. And I liked that. :) it was her special day not mine. And no one could scare me with bad labour stories haha