vent

edited January 2014 in VENT (keep it peaceful!)
My 4yr old takes dance been dancing for two years. She is the youngest one out of all her classes the other kids are 5-8 her teacher said she wanted her with older kids the younger ones were holding her back. So today in class my daughter peed her self not like her to do this never happened before teacher carried her out told me what happened said it wasn't my daughters fault that she was in class and the teacher was talking to a adult and didn't want to interrupt so she wanted till her teach was done talking but as she was telling her teacher she peed. Well you would think the parents would be nicer to my lil girl but no all the parents and kids just starred at her giving her nasty looks. I'm pissed my daughter is half the age for some of these girls she was trying to respect her teacher and have manners. The parents made me so mad they could see my daughter turned red and had tears in her eyes of embarrassment

Comments

• Oh poor thing. If it were me and I've been Ballet dancer my entire life and went pro and been teaching for awhile I would one pay closer attention to my students class time is not time to talk to another adult I don't care the age group your teaching that's not what their parents are paying for. And also as parent I would be the first to say it's ok to any child to try my best to prevent any embarrassment. I'm sorry your lo had to deal with that. Kids will forget about it so all I would do now is just tell her it's ok and it happens to everyone maybe even give her some examples make little joke about it try make light of it..it works for my step daughter and she gets embarrassed about everything. I'm sorry again :(
  • The teacher took full responsibility for it and felt bad her close has a main teacher and assistant. My daughter loves to dance I just hope it doesn't effect her wanting to go we will see on Wednesday she has competition practice. I think the parents assume my daughter is older just because she is in their kids class. Even if I was a parent and another kid who is 8 did it I would feel horrible at that child and not stare. I been trying to talk to her about it but she said I just don't want to talk about it. I told her I'm here IG she wants to talk about it.
  • Well its good the teacher is being professional about it. And maybe if little time goes by your daughter will be ready to talk about it. And hopefully the parents can talk to their kids that way they can act normal around her.
  • Awww poor baby. Personally I would have been pissed! It wasn't the teachers place to try to teach ur daughter manners or whatever she was trying to do. She's not her mom.
  • It isn't the teachers fault, she prob didnt know she had to go to the bathroom, its not like she told her to wait. I really wouldn't even try to talk to your daughter about it. I would just say it is no big deal accidents happen, and when the other kids were little it happened to them. I would just have her go to the next class like nothing happened, and dance her little but off! I would go to class with her too incase a parent said something so you could say something to them.
  • @Adri805 teacher wasn't teaching her manners me and hubby have been trying to teach her not yo interrupt adults and not talk over them she is horrible at that but I guess she didn't realize its OK for an emergency. she seems fine I think when it happened it caught her by surprise that she peed in front of everyone.
  • Ohhhh ok I understand. She didn't notice that she was squirming!?
  • Idk my lil girl doesn't stay still the teacher probably thought it was normal. My daughter doesn't do the pee pee wiggles like my son. She goes back to dance tomorrow so hoping it goes OK
  • Poor kid. I peed my pants at school in third grade and it was super embarrassing. Hopefully she gets over it because accidents happen. I'd go with her to her next class though in case any parents or kids are mean to her.
  • She went to the dance studio tonight not with the same Monday girls but she went in like nothing was wrong or even happened. If I were that age I wouldn't have wanted to go back
  • That's great! She's such big smart girl :) I hope she had fun and continues dancing.