not looking too good

edited January 2014 in Pregnant
Just left the ER bc of being faint, dizzy and having chest pain. Since I'm prego they did a beta and an ultrasound...my beta came back at 7390 and on the ultrasound they saw a few low level echos but no fetal pole or definite yolk sac. Sac is 8mm same size as it was a week ago. ER doc called it and said its a failed pregnancy. Remember my last period was December 5th or 6th so Im only 4 weeks complete. I called one of my clients who works at my obs office and she off the record told me that its wayyy too early to expect to see anything, my levels are increasing which is good and to call the office in the morning and that with the ER Dr saying that anything over 1500 with hcg should produce an embryo that he is a fool. I have a bad feeling ab this but am trying to stay positive...not working...my potassium is low which is what caused my original symptoms. I'm in tears and don't know what to do. @luvmy5 ever heard of this !?!? :'(:'(:'( ladies Help!!!

Comments

• I agree 4 weeks is way WAY to early to see much of anything. If your levels are increasing, then that's a great sign! I know it's hard, but stay positive!
  • Stay calm if you are still pregnant stressing isn't going to help the little one. Wait to talk to your dr. If it was me prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Just know the er Dr could be wrong its not his specialty listen to your friend who works for your Dr. Good luck keep us updated
  • edited January 2014
    @ashleysmashley thank you. This goes back to why I hate thus new hospital. They are incompetent when it comes to pregnancy. How on earth would they see a sac measuring 5 weeks 4 days when I was only 2 days prego with a beta if 17. I'm scared and upset and angry and confused. I think my ob is in vaca but I will demand to see someone else tomorrow. Seeing low level echos makes no sense to me. Do you know what that means?
  • edited January 2014
    @debs thank you and you read my mind. I'm bracing myself for the worst but my gut says its twins...my ob is going to be so mad, he hates this hospital as much as I do.
  • How dare them call a loss at 4 weeks with high betas and a sac...not saying it might not be a miscarriage but they dont even give it a chance!!
  • I wouldn't stress about. It was stupid for the er doc to say that for sure..I would get some rest and good luck at your appointment lots of prayers for you!
  • @Jules thank you. In a complete mess. This goes back to the whole me hating this hospital thing. How are the girls?
  • My physicians office won't even see you until you are 8 weeks because they want to ensure that you are far enough along to confirm and due date. I believe at about 4 weeks, with elevated hCG you will be able to detect the gestational sac, but not much more. They have poor obstetric practices at that hospital.
  • I hate this hospital!!!!!!! @mijita it awful and my doc now is delivering there. I made an earlier post ab the hospital situ that's how bad it is. I'm always scanned earlier bc of my history. I went uin to my Obs office today, they did an ultrasound and found the sac and fetal pole...clear as day. That's obviously the "echoes" the hospital saw. What a relief!!!!! My Dr is out of town but one of his partners saw me ad Saud everything is a go and they will see me next week for my dating ultrasound!! @jules @Ashley_smashley @debs @luvmy5
  • That's exactly when I had my last period dec 5 and I'm barely 4-5 wks it would be too soon to see anything on an ultrasound I had one @ 7/8 wks last time and it was barely there so dont stress too much just wait stayppositive
  • Awesome!! I am so happy everything is ok!
  • Well that's great news! I'm glad everything looks good, I'm sure you feel much more relaxed now. The girls are good . We are finally home after all the holiday traveling. It was nice to be able to take little nap today while they napped! But it was busy day as well I had a lot of grocery shopping to do since we need fine for awhile. It's good to have my normal routine back but im sure gonna miss the company of all my family. Guess can't have it all :(.
  • @2lilblessings congrats!!! Woohoo, belly buddy!! They saw a yolk sac and fetal pole in office today!! How are you feeling!?!? @Jules there is def something to be said for coming home!! You will get back in your routine soon. I know you must be so tired!! Its so nice to have family around and takes a while to get readjusted when they are gone!! @Ashley_smashley thank you :-)
  • Ignore that er from now on. Hugs. :)
  • I wish that my hubbies job and our house was where my parents live which is where we have always lived until last year. It's nice to have family around in general especially to help :) and we love that town but his job and company he works for here is great and I love my house too. I do fine during the day but that one middle of the night feeding is so hard for me. I try soo hard to stay awake and middle of the day I get tired for little bit that's why it's nice to be home because that's when everyone around here does little nap unless we're super busy.
  • edited January 2014
    I'm exited feeling pretty good but I'm scared to have 3 lil ones its gonna be nuts lol whatd ur edd?
  • So glad they saw the fetal pole! They only saw a sac when I was 5 weeks last time, I can't believe the er put you under that kind of stress, ugh!
  • @Jules there's nothing like the helping hands of family. Its so hard to move away :-( ahh the midday snooze.. we do that too :-)
    @ourlittlenugget thank you, for now on I am skipping going there!!
    @2lilblessings I'm scared too girl...we can do this!!
    @wilsomom thank you. Being this early its tough because the range of what's normal is so large.
    Its so nice to hear from all of you ladies again, I was wondering who else was still around!!
  • Yes and my entire family is very close my hubby has gotten very close to them as well. Lol naps are the best! My two year old looks forward to hers everyday. She loves bed time as well. I'm so blessed and thankful I don't have child that fights me to sleep every time.
  • Im so happy you and baby are okay! For some reason hospital ultrasounds suck! When I got one three weeks ago in the hospital they said I had low fluid and that im measuring 2 weeks early.. when I went to my drs office they said I have more than enough fluid and im right on track :)