Starting actual solids?

• veeveeveevee April 2014

My LO is already on purées but I'm ready to start actual solids such as avocados, peas, broccoli and such. When and how did you mama introduce actual solid to your little ones.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 6 months or so I offered little pieces of bread and then just kept adding stuff whenever they showed interest (always!)
    I tried to stick with small, soft stuff until they got more teeth, but once they mastered Cheerios and banana chunks they were pretty much game for anything. Mine were obsessed - once they got their hands on food they were in love!

• RoxyRoxy April 2014

it's so much fun when they start eating solids makes u feel there getting bigger :(

• julesjules April 2014

I just cooked the veggies to make them softer but Scarlett didn't get her first teeth until her 1st birthday lol so I was extra careful. But if your lo has teeth then slowly introduce like @ourlittlenugget said once they do cheerios most other things are even easier.

Thanks @ourlittlenugget and @jules.

Yes @Roxy. :-((

• julesjules April 2014

How old is your little guy now? !

He'll be 7 months on the 15th.

• julesjules April 2014

That's went fast ha? I thought it was fast with my first and now it's going even faster with the second. Guess it's just being busy and days just fly by! I'm enjoying every second of it and it's easier to do knowing were done bc I really do take in every minute because I know it's my last chance. What's ur lo up to learning anything new? Addeline who just turned 4 months is such busy strong little thing. She's only 11 pounds 14 oz but she soo strong. Rolled over from tummy to back and 2.5 months then 2 week later at 3 months rolled from back to stomach. Had amazing head control. And starting and trying very hard to crawl already. It's really cute and funny!

@jules, awe. He started rolling over a 3 months stomach to back, back to stomach, he wants to walk instead of crawling. He is very strong. He found his pee-pee last month and won't let it go. It's a wrestle during changing and bath time. He been sitting up unsupported for 3 months now. Holds his own bottle. He was 15lbs and 10oz at his 6mos visit. We're starting baby led weaning next week. Time has been flying by too quick. I'm cherishing every moment I can

• julesjules April 2014

@veevee well hope you have great luck with led. We're only doing cereal right now just little even though her doctor said she's ready for more I'm in no rush lol. But just weaned her off the paci it's amazing! She was always calm baby but that's one less thing she thought she needed so shes so chill now. Only cries when hungry or had like poo explosion. I wish I would have taken my older one off the paci when she was baby. But oh well we live and learn!

@jules I haven't started yet. Staring tomorrow. I'm working on getting him of the paci too. He's teething now and I habe a few teethers in the freezer for him.

How was you Easter @jules, @Ourlittlenugget, @Roxy?

• julesjules April 2014

Oh ok well good luck! Easter was good. We did most of our stuff on Saturday bc my husband works 24 on Sundays. But it was nice because I went and brought him and the other guys some food and stuff and got to hang out at the station which is fun for Scarlett!

• veeveeveevee May 2014

Aww that was nice @jules. We did our udual decorated eggs, dud baskets, went to my Aunts house for dinner. What are you guys doing for Mother's Day?

• julesjules May 2014

That's fun! We're visiting my family for mothers day here for almost week then going to dinner and hubby and I will have date night tomorrow. He works mothers day since it's Sunday but it's not big deal since we are already celebrating for multiple days.

• veeveeveevee May 2014

Aww that's sound so nice @Jules.

• RoxyRoxy May 2014

lol sry so late my Easter went good it's so cute seeing. the lil ones find eggs and how was yours

• RoxyRoxy May 2014

lol sry so late my Easter went good it's so cute seeing. the lil ones find eggs

• julesjules May 2014

@veevee Yes it's been really nice! Just gonna take it easy today enjoy my girls!

• veeveeveevee May 2014

@jules we're just gonna go out to eat.

@Roxy what about you?

• julesjules May 2014

@veevee well that's nice! What's going on with your relationship? Things better between u two. I remember ur sons family was way opinionated and controlling which creates issues.

• veeveeveevee May 2014

@jules things have been going okay with them. I'm not around them as much. SO and I are okay. We're going through some things at the moment.

How are you and the family?

• julesjules May 2014

@veevee well sound like little improvement which is good sign. What's going on with u two? :(
    My family is great hubby is busy working which is bummer at times when I miss him. However it's blessing to have the financial stability so I'm not complaining. Girls are doing well healthy and happy, and busy hehe. We finally found bigger house we been looking ever since we found out I was pregnant with Addeline and shes gonna be 6 mon the next month. We we're looking like crazy until last 2 months though and we're kinda picky lol. So I'm very excited to be moving into our new house and having family visit soon and we're visiting family lots fun things ahead! :)

• veeveeveevee May 2014

@jules that's good to hear. How big is the house. I'm looking for an apartment. I was hoping I could get a rent to own house but not having much luck. So an apartment will do for now. I found a few 1 bedroom apartments that were nice. I will be going to view some soon.

• julesjules May 2014

@veevee the new house is 2100 sq. Has very nice front and back yard and comes with gardeners so I'm glad we don't have to worry about yard work lol. I'm very excited for you, I hope one of those is exactly what you are looking for! And this is random but I feel like where the only once alive on here we just need to text lol

• veeveeveevee June 2014

Lol. @jules it seems like it. I haven't visited the new forum in a long time. Is it even active.

• julesjules June 2014

@veevee lol its still there but I rarely check it it's beyond boring. At least when this was the only one it wasn't as active ad it used to be a year ago but we all knew each other. The new one feels like bunch random people who never post and when they do its not as personal as we are on here with each other. No relationships if that makes sense.

• veeveeveevee June 2014

@Jules I get what you mean. I tried to post over there but when I did I got no replies. I'm more on babycenter and the babycenter spinoff facebook group. I come on here every now and then. I wish it was active as it used to be minus the drama.

• julesjules June 2014

@veevee ya same here! I'm not on baby center figured I keep it down to one group and interact on Facebook I am way to busy for anymore lol

• veeveeveevee June 2014

@jules Exactly. Babycenter and Facebook is where I frequent. If I ever get the time to go on. I'm loving this stage with Eli. He's so active along with the crawling, standing, trying to walk. I find myself only getting on when he takes a nap and some nights when I can't sleep.

• veeveeveevee June 2014

@jules that sounds like a big house. Were looking at a few new houses this weekend.

• julesjules June 2014

@veevee that is very fun stage. Our youngest is 6 months which were loving she's been crawling for awhile now which is fun but not too much work since she's not walking yet. Hopefully she doesn't learn that too soon so Scarlett can slow down little so we're not chasing two lol. But yet it's big but we love the space and perfect for our family needs.

• MyLove2MyLove2 June 2014

Start with small soft pieces, I waited until my daughter was almost 1 before I gave her real food we cooked and made.. I was worried she would choke or something, she never did..

• veeveeveevee June 2014

@MyLove2 Eli is already eating some table food. I started BLW around 7 months.

@jules They grow up so fast. He's walking but with his sit and stand toy. He's pulling himself up. He is very active and I love it. I wish he would slow down a little though.

• julesjules June 2014

@veevee that's fun stage! How old is he?

• veeveeveevee June 2014

@jules 9 months.

• julesjules July 2014

@veevee oh wow sure goes by fats ha?! Our oldest just turned 2.5 she's crack up. Then our second is almost 7 months she's baby genius lol. I wish she would slow down learning way too fast. Now she crawls wherever we are sits up perfectly whenever she wants loves her toys feeds herself finger foods, holds her own bottle, says da da. Scarlett loves her and she's the same she lives watching and trying to keep up with her older sister. She's now working on pulling up which I'm not gonna help because with our first as soon as she was pulling up she was walking and doing it well. Was running by 9 months I'm not ready for that yet with this one :)

• veeveeveevee July 2014

@jules Aww. Well now Eli is 10 months. He is walking but not independently. Talking up a storm, his favorite word, for now, is "baby" (or beebee) everything is baby. "Mama" comes in second. He love his toys especially his sportscenter (basketball, baseball and football thingy) and his Vtech Sit and Stand Activities Walker. Even though he love his toys hw still like playing with stuff that's not baby related lol. He has a nice amount of toys that we had to buy a toy organizer. He loves being read and trying to pull at the picture he think the characters in the book are toys. He is a very busy body and very very active. Gets into everything. I LOVE IT!!! Gives me some exercise too.

Right now were looking into venues for his 1st birthday. I wanted to do a small get together at home. You know some decorations, cake and ice cream, a few goody bags for the kids. Then I remembered he has a big family, he is part Nigerian and they love throwing parties. So you know how that goes. It's not going to be too big though. His theme for now is Baby Lion King just like my baby shower theme. I'm sending out invitations next week.

So how are you doing?

• julesjules August 2014

@veevee that's great! I love busy babies that's how Scarlett was and Addeline who just turned 8 months few days ago is the same way. She standing up been balancing on her own and walks if we let her hold on to our fingers. We just bought Scarlett a big girl bed she's super excited. We got a full I hate twins they r soo small and im hoping one good bed and mattress will last her a long time. She's been having hard time at bedtk.e and nap time ever since vacation so I could use some good vibes this way lol. But I just got some white sheets for now until I decide what I want the theme of ther room to be then I'll get all the bedding as a set. Other then that out of nowhere at age of 24 my one my wisdom teeth which all 4 are still inside the gums was bothering me. So I had to checked out and got a referral to a oral surgeon, however it stopped hurting so now I'm not sure what to do if I should just have the removed anyway or wait it out and see if I ever have any kind of discomfort again. It's obviously not cheap and hard with hubbies busy work schedule and two little once. ..

• veeveeveevee August 2014

Aww @jules glad things are going good. I need all 4 of mine removed and a deep cleaning and a few fillings. Yay to the big girls bed. I hope thing get better with nap bed time. Speaking of time. Time is flying by so fast. I can't believe Eli will be 1 in three weeks. I wanna cry.

Eli does good with napping its the bedtime we have a problem with. We're working on it though.

• julesjules September 2014

@veevee Yeay! Sooo exciting :) this next year will be super fun I loved Scarlett between 1 and 2 they r very fun. But yes she's doing great at nap and bed time just as shes always had it must have been tinny stage because of the vacation totally threw her off. But for bedtime number one thing is very very consistent routine.! Had my wisdom teeth removed glad that's over with now I'm back to my regular self and pretty smile hehe.

• veeveeveevee September 2014

@jules We've been thrown off of our bedtime since we moved from formula to milk (whole, but switching to almond) and he's been sick for a couple of days. I'm trying to get a good routine going and stay consistent with it.

Eli's birthday is Monday and I still got a few things to take care of. I'm so excited.

@veevee Aww well i hope he feels better soon so sleep can become better again. Very exciting about his birthday can u believe it? It's bittersweet ha? I can't believe Scarlett will be turning 3 in December and Addeline 1! I remember certain things about Scarlett as a baby and others are a blur because I get it confused with Addeline lol. It all blends in my mind as one baby kinda. How r u been doing?

@jules I'm doing good. On his birthday we did a smash cake. His party was on the 20th at Chuck E Cheeses. It was really nice we reserved a party package. It was really nice. It was a little bittersweet.

Oh and we found an apartment. We move in November.

What are the plans for Scarlett's birthday and Addeline? How are you doing?

@veevee that sounds great! I think every year is bittersweet. I have no clue what I wanna do for scarlet and Addelines birthday :( good thing I have some time. I just feel like she's only 3 so I don't know if I want to rent a place and her friends or even her not being able to totally participate. I wish I could do something at our house since it is good size inside and good size yard but not sure what I would do to keep kids entertained. Adults are easy just food and drinks and they r happy lol.
    I'm very excited for you with the apartment! Where were u before ur families?

@jules I was living with my mom and SO with his mom. My family always seem to do CEC for first birthdays. The kids are happy, some even tired when its time to go home and a very few are hyped up on sugar.

Adults are easier I agree. I think the age of 3 I would still do a home party that way you don't have to rush to leave.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories