WHAT'S A 2ND C SECTION LIKE LADIES

edited May 2014 in Second pregnancy
my first c section wasn't planned at the end we end up just had to get one I'm wondering wats the 2nd like do I have my baby early do i get a epi any info is help full ty

Comments

• I had my second son on Dec 10th 2013, he was due Dec 15 but schedled csec was for the 11th. My little decided he didn't like the 11th. Because I we went early I was taken into surg soon as a room was available I had to wait almost 6 hours. I didn't get my spinal till I went in. But as far as the surg....same as before. My recovery time just about the same. Had to stay one extra day due to not pooping. Lol Im a bit of a fluffy girl so I had a wound vacation put on...best thing ever
    You can barely see me second scar.
  • edited May 2014
    @newflmom2b so ur baby came a day early were u going in to labor? u had ur baby close to ur due date I was told I can have my baby two weeks earlier fr due date is Ur New scar on top of Ur old one so we do have to get a epi again I didn't like the pressure and the pulling when they took my son out I really could feel them cutting me open I dnt want them to put me to sleep cause my second baby well b a surprise so I can't wait to hear wat it is when it's out price less moment
  • My first c section was horrible. It came after days of labor, I was in a lot of pain, and I lost a lot of blood. I also developed preeclampsia during the surgery. I wanted to vbac with my daughter more than anything, so I labored over 24 hours and got to 8 centimeters, but her heart rate was questionable then, so we did a repeat cesarean. Honestly, it happened a little while after I got the epidural, and epis can affect fetal heart rate. I'm pretty sure that's what it was, because she came out perfect. I was really disappointed, but I'm glad I got to labor. It's actually really good to labor because you and your baby get a dose of these lovely labor hormones, and the contractions help squeeze fluid out of the babies' lungs to get them ready for birth. Sometimes with a scheduled cesarean, especially if it's before the due date, baby might not be ready and complications can occur like fluid in the lungs. Not saying this will happen to you, it doesn't happen all the time, just something to think about. ;-) All in all, my second cesarean was much easier to recover from. I was up changing diapers that night when I couldn't do it for three days the first time.
  • @ Ourlittlenugget so the reasons u went threw all that cause u tried for a vcab right me and my Dr. talked and there's no point in trying cause I couldn't open past 6 so chances same thing well happen so just going for my c section which is fine r u saying if u have a baby a lil before your due date the baby might not be ready really I didn't know a couple weeks might effect the baby I always thought waiting to long can effect the baby y would my Dr. well say I can have my baby two weeks before if there might b problems when I had my son I wanted that experience when the baby comes out and they lay him on my chest but guest it just wasn't meant to have natural I'm ok well either way I just want my healthy baby in my arms

preeclampsia u mention what's that
    I think my c section wasn't normal I felt every thing up in till my lil guy came then i was out woke up n a recovery room with only a nurse I was shaking and shivering no pain I'm kinda scared cause I don't want to feel the tugging and pulling or cutting again but I really make my mind think this is for it baby relax just a couple more mins I remember yelling at them an saying bad words some one just started poking me with a knife in til I couldn't feel it any more so maybe they thought I was fine I notice cuts on my chest the next day scary shit but glad it was over with then minutes
  • edited May 2014
  • It sounds like maybe your epidural wasn't placed properly and wasn't blocking your pain the way it should. Honestly, most doctors prefer to do repeat cesarean a because it's easier for them, but just because you didn't get past 6 last time in no way means that would happen again. I couldn't get past 5 the first time and easily got to 8 the second time. The only reason we stopped laboring there was because her heart rate changed a little and they were so scared of rupture they wouldn't give me more time. I'm certain I could have gotten there, though. I'm not trying to change your mind of course, if you are happy with a cesarean that's certainly your right. I would suggest talking about when to schedule though. It used to be that babies were considered full term at 37 weeks, but that has recently changed, and both the March of Dimes and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology are discouraging intentional birth before 40 weeks. Basically, the baby usually signals labor to start when they're developed and ready to start life outside the womb. Baby might be fine and ask to be born at 38 weeks, or may need a couple extra weeks...;-)
  • @ Ourlittlenugget yea I see what u mean and I think you r right about the epi now that I remember it started to wear off when the contractions started coming more I did talk to my Dr about trying vbac and he said he well do it but it's my decision he mention things that can go wrong or I might not open again we thought about it and I still have time to think about it but idk guess we'll c
    do you feel it was worth trying again to go natural the pain and ur baby's heart dropping things could have went bad like that's wat I worry about because I tried to go natural things went bad I need to stop thinking negative
  • I don't regret my decision. :) I like letting my baby tell me when they're ready to be born, and I feel like I'm doing my "woman's work" to labor at least a while with each one, even if I know I'm going to end in c-section. Kind of like a mom's badge of honor, you know? Not that cesarean isn't a pretty awesome battle scar too! But they say the contractions actually help squeeze fluid out of baby's lungs so there's less chance of pneumonia and breathing issues that tend to be higher with cesarean babies. I'm glad for that. And the way I figured, the reason I was laboring at the hospital was so they could monitor baby and intervene in case of emergency - exactly like they would for a non-vbac mom. :)
  • @Ourlittlenugget I see what you mean I'm scared both ways but baby has to come out some wear lol
  • Any way you slice it, birth is tough work! :)
  • @Ourlittlenugget so no matter if u have natural u get slice