help ladies pls

edited June 2014 in Pregnant
Glucose Challenge Screening Test? I failed the first one and Idk y I'm confused what this even means so tomorrow I'm doing the second one I'm scared cause if I fail again what does this even mean I googled it but I don't understand I past with my first pregnancy y I'm I failing the second one help has any one failed the first but past the second they said no eating after midnight but I for got if I can't drink anything

Comments

• It means your blood sugar was running high. Should you also fail the second screening, a 3 hour one instead of the 1 hour, you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes. They will put you on a diabetic diet until you deliver and will keep a close eye on your weight gain as well as babys weight.
  • I didn't have Gestational Diabetes with my first one, and now I'm worried about this time around. I'm getting the test done on July 1st. Have you gotten any results yet? I know I'm replying late to this discussion.
  • @MyLove2 well i never got called again so thinking i passed it i didnt called and they told me if i dont get a call then dont worry about it so im good what about you did u pass
  • @Roxy I passed it... they told me like a half an hour after the blood testing and the hour I waited altogether.. I like that I didn't have to wait long to find out the results I wouldn't be able to, i'd be too nervous.
  • @ MyLove2 really that was some fast results
  • Yeah I know.. the came back while I was still in the clinic with Rubiya as well. I guess every hospital/clinic does it differently. I don't know.
  • edited July 2014
    I passed my first test, but I know a few people who failed the first test and passed the second test. I don't know why it happens. My cousin has a 9yr old daughter (10 in August) and a 17 mo son. She passed her first test with her daughter and failed both test with her son.

I'm guessing you don't have Gestational Diabetes which is great. Most people that I know who were diagnosed with GD had to get induced.