sids

edited July 2014 in Loss
After an unexpected pregnancy severe preeclampsia and delivering our son via emergency induction at 33 weeks our baby William passed away Saturday morning July 19th. I have never felt so empty and lost. We have two other children and are stationed in Alaska. Our family has to return to Georgia this week. I don't know what we're going to do :( edit: our 8 year old and 3 year old witnessed my husband doing CPR and the medical examiner covering him in our livingroom floor. Immediately after child services took them because apparently Alaska law removes all minors pending autopsy. We were able to get them back Monday once his autopsy showed he wasn't injured. My husband has ptsd and now has the regret of not being able to save him. Paramedics didn't even try they just told him to stop after letting him see he was flat lined.

Comments

• Omg my heart breaks for you and your whole family. I hope some how you all can get peace from everything and closure, I'm sure it will take plenty of time. I really recommend counseling, I've never been in your situation but I'm sure I would need it, the whole family. Remain as positive as you can and focus on your other little ones and helping them grieve. I'm so sorry momma.
  • I am so sorry to hear this my nephew passed away oct 1st of sids too. It has been seven years and its still tough on all of us. His 7th birthday was on July 16. My sister and brother in law also performed cpr but he was gone. The autopsy found no foul play. The only answer we got was because he was born at 35 weeks that he had a more probable chance of dying of sids. (Also the fact that he was a boy and was deaf from one ear) It is a horrible thing to go through and worst of all knowing there is no cure or way to know if it will happen to you. My heart breaks for you and your family. You are in my prayers.