stretch mark prevention!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Helllloooo mamas! What are good ways to prevent stretch marks?! I cannot stomach the smell of cocoa butter. Lol

Comments

• Try shea butter ? Or some of the oils
  • Ha ha I use bio oil twice a day everywhere I could possibly get marks. And then also a lotion that has vitamin e in it.
  • Someone told me to get vit. E oil! I'll def have to try that!
  • my dr said you can't prevent stretch marks but vitamin E oil is good for reducing the appearance. thats what i use. works pretty good.
  • It goes so thick and sticky. and runs out fast. Maybe I wasn't using it right. Thats why I just got the lotion with it added
  • I got vitamin e oil (smells similar to olive oil) and bio-oil (smells like fresh rosemary) I put those on and let them soak in then put Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion (doesn't smell) over it. I'm only 10 weeks so I can't tell you if they work yet :/
    But the bio-oil dramatically reduced my stretch marks from puberty. The oils i also put on damp skin after the shower. Mederma just came out with a daily lotion for stretch marks so I want to get that too unless it has retin-a. I just can't find it anywhere!
  • Rub the oil in right after a shower while still damp, seals in more moisture.

No topical ointment, cream, lotion, or oil will penetrate deep enough to replenish collagen and elastin to totally prevent stretch marks. But oils do penetrate the deepest of formulations, and will probably have the most success fading stretch marks. Lotions are second deepest, followed ny creams. Thick ointments like Tummy Butter don't penetrate much at all. But they can help seal in the oils.
  • @ashes try wallgreens that's where I found it. Mederma works really good.
  • Ive also read that if you eat things with vitamin e, its good for your skin. I asked my mom to buy bags of unsalted, raw nuts like almonds so I can eat a handful a day. I'm pretty adamant about not getting stretch marks >_< :'(
  • I use vitamin E oil also.