cloth diapers

Day one is a huge success. Any advice from others is appreciated

Comments

• What do you need to know? :) I love CD!!
  • Right now we just have a couple pockets. She loves them. But I would like the convenience of pocket with ease of all in ones. I kinda want to try all in twos. Ideas? @ashley_smashley
  • I love ai! I hated pockets cuz I didnt like having to pull the urine soaked insert out to wash. We use Thirsties duo covers, flip covers and Grovia shells! Grovia are my favorite cuz I like the way they fit my lo. I use Thirsties stay dry duo inserts for everything cuz they work well for my heavy wetter. And we use fitteds with fleece covers at night.
  • There are a ton of b/s/t groups on facebook for second hand diapers, I buy a lot from them. Also if you look up hyena cart spots corner there are a lot of used diapers on there. Usually in pretty good condition. But if want to buy new sweetbottomsbaby.com has free shipping. There is one other site that does free shipping but I can't remember what it is. You also get points for every dollar you spend on sweet bottoms and get free gift certificates for their site.
  • @smcox I have a grovia and am not fond of the fit on Ollie. You interested in buying it

I like the pockets a lot. I am not a fan of the Ai1 or Ai2 ...but that's just me. I suggest you buy a couple different ones so you can see what you like. Sometimes people will resell a mixed lot, and that has lots of different things.

Www.diaperswappers.com has a for sale forum check them out! Also like smcox I am part of lots of buy/sell/trade forums on Facebook...if you are interested in getting added just let me know!

Most of my stash is used...it's a great way to start cloth diapering! Now I m slowly trading out my used dipes that I don't like for ones I really want. I am a huge bum genius and fuzzy bunz fan!
  • \:D/ I love cloth!! We love Bumgenius Freetimes. They're aio. Not too bulky for aio.
  • I don't want to take over your thread...but this question might be helpful to you to @tryinghard19

Can you CD ladies share your wash routine? I think I need to switch mine up...I have got the stinkies and dingeies lol
  • edited November 2012
    I actually like my aios and pockets!

@ashley_smashley whats your route?

1st I wash hot, then cold, then hot..last wash I add detergent.. do a small rinse
    Soak over night sometimes
    but wanna get some rlr!
  • @nameless you do 3 washes? Or is that hot wash cold rinse?

I normally do just one wash..hot wash cold rinse, with double rinse at end...I use 2 tbl of my cd soap....and it's been working but now, not so much. I read that occasionally you need to switch it up and try new things if it seems to stop working. I just did an overnight strip with blue dawn, now they are in the washer with calgon...hopefully that gets it going...
  • Ps we have a stupid HE front loader so it's a pain to do overnight soaks..I have to do it in the bath tub..
  • I do do 3 washes
  • Cd addict here too lol.
  • O wow...maybe I should try that...do you use calgon? Don't you have hard water? @nameless
  • No.. I don't use it..
    I do the short washes..yes hard water I believe
  • Oh I use tide too
  • I am considering doing cloth with my second, can u guys tell me the process for cleaning the soiled diapers? I was reading somewhere that u can use some kind of "spatula" to get the poop off but that doesn't sound too appealing to me.
  • I use a diaper sprayer. I spray into the toilet, then put the soiled diaper in the pail. Most of the time Ollie's poops are pretty solid, so I don't need the sprayer.. I thought the poop would bother me, but it really doesn't...to me it's no different than wiping my own butt lol. @excitedforoctober
  • I have bio liners
  • I was using the liners, until I got my sprayer.
  • edited November 2012
    I dump the poop when I can.. I use an old dishsoap bottle..feel with water to spray off.
    If it doesn't come all off I just throw in the washer and it vomes right off w/out stainin or dirting the washer..
  • @ashley_smashley I'm really interested in those forums. Where should I go too
  • @tryinghard19 if you friend me on facebook I'll add you to them all. My name is Sarah Michelle Cox.
    For wash routine I wash in hot water with tide original powder then another hot wash with no detergent to get all soap out. My son has sensitive skin. For poop I shake what I can in the toilet them rinse with the shower head in the tub. It's not as gross as I thought it was going to be. Honestly prefer it over a stupid diaper Genie that smelled the whole up stairs!
  • There are a couple girls with your name. Lol.
  • @smcox found and added you.
  • @smcox thanks!! Hope she gets lots of help!!
  • @Ashley_smashley no problem :) I'm all for educating people on cd'ing and making sure they have the knowledge and tools needed to be successful! Makes me sad when people quit cuz they don't have the right tools or support! Plus there are just so many chemicals in disposables I wish they would just be taken off the market....I know that would never in a million years happen, but a girl can dream! Lol
  • A girl can dream! My hubs was all for CD after I showed him what was in those disposables! @smcox
  • @Ashley_smashley mine too, my fil (who has been fighting me on cloth while he watches my son) refused to read or listen to what was in sposies....but was telling me once about crap that causes cancer and infertility in boys and I said oh you mean like disposables! He just looked at me weird and then said well breathing will kill you now a days too! All angry like lol what kind of Grovia do you have?