cloth diapers

2»

Comments

• LoL sounds like my inlaws! I have a grovia AIO in the color surf...it's slightly stained..I am sure sunning will get that out, but here in Washington we haven't seen the sun in weeks... :( @smcox
  • Hey fellow cd mommas!! I love cding! We have cloth diapered my dd for 14 months and we're building a nb stash now!! We love blueberries, ac's, amps and poo la la's!! The pll's are amazing fitteds!! We have tried tons of different brands, we love pockets, they are over all easier for all our family and simple for my hubby!
  • Our wash routine is : warm warm rinse, hot cold wash with eco sprout then a warm cold rinse! We dry all the inserts and line dry everything else!
  • Lol we use ai2 and I live in Anchorage.. Not sure I get any more sun than you lol the sun currently rises around 930/10am and sets around 6pm. And typically cloudy all day :P @Ashley_smashley
  • I would love to cd but the start up cost is just too much :( I know its cheaper in the long run but I just can't afford it up front
  • edited November 2012
    @heyitsme..Thats what i thought! BUT I was totally wrong..its only exspensive to start if you want to buy a full stash 24+ all at once along w/accessories
    They are surprislgy cheap..
  • @nameless how much did it cost you to get started? I think i just want to buy a potty and try to train Lana in a few months.
  • edited November 2012
    First diaper I got was an anonymous sender.
    :)
    But I usually pay under $9 for a diaper But that's w/shipping.. But there are lots of groups including a local one if you want to be added?
    Even if you're gonna start pt soon... it's not to late..because I mean she's gonna be in diapers during the training time..
    Plus you can save for next child! Or resell!
    @MommyLovesSparkle
  • @Nameless wow really $9 a diaper? my lo is 13m so I will be potty training within the next year. hmmm. how many would you think I'd need?
  • I was good w/just 10..but you probably have to wash every day..I have 30+ so I don't wash everyday anymore
    @heyitsme
  • Ok now reading the posts about washing I now have a question. my washing machine has only 2 settings. warm and cold. no rinse or soak or anything fancy. I don't want to be hand washing so can I get away with my crappy washer? @nameless
  • When I soak.. I just leave the lid up on my washer over night.. so the water just sits there.. some people soak in the tub or sink..
    You can always rinse in the sink and wash warm in the washer.. then hang dry.
    @heyitsme
  • I have to soak in my tub since I have a front loader. But it works just as good! @heyitsme also nameless is right, it's super to cheap to start if you buy cheaper brands like Alva and Sunbaby, or if you buy used! I started out just buying enough for half a day...then I would buy one more, then another...and now I have 30! With that few you will have to do laundry daily...but soon you will have enough to do every few days! I love it!! Also if you get in on a co op you can sometimes even get new diodes for $4 or less a piece!!
  • It doesn't even stop when the lid is up!! p.o.s lol thanks @nameless I will look for local groups for cd. although I don't think I should buy used if I can't really strip them in my washer?
    sorry for hijacking your post @tryinghard19 :)
  • edited November 2012
    @heyitsme...strip in your bathtub! I love co-ops!
    I just hate waiting for a few weeks.
    Add me on fb and i can add you to some bst groups and co-op..once in, ask if there are local groups from where you live

Beatrice White
  • You can strip in your bath tub. Super easy! @heyitsme to turn your machine on do you turn the dual then pull the knob?
  • @Nameless I'm in Canada so I think I'd have to find groups closes to me :)
    @Ashley_smashley ok that might work and yeah turn dial and pull
  • No I mean if you have to pull the dial to start the machine, then wait until th washer is full of water then push the dial down to stop the cycle. @heyitsme
  • Hey you never know!! There's people who ship and sell from Canada all the time! @heyitsme
  • I can't find you @nameless my name is Erin flemming can you find me? Pic is the 4 of us
  • edited November 2012
    Me neither! Lol.. join my group and I'll add from there
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/413230335393127?__user=100000042360887
    @Heyitsme

Anyone else are welcome
  • @heyitsme lol its okay. I have been checking in when jai gives me a moment
  • Lol @nameless I can't get to it from my phone! I'll jump on the computer when I get back home in a while :)
  • I cant find you OR the group :( lol the link doesnt work or maybe your group is secret?