help daughter hurt herself need advice asap plz

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My daughter jumped off my bed and hit her mouth on the tv stand shoul i take her to the er ?

Comments

• doesn't look too serious follow your instinct
  • Thats what i thought but my inlaws are being crazy cuz my hubby sent them the pic n they calling me stubborn and i should get in trouble for child endangerment cuz i wanna wait till my hubby gets home
  • edited February 2013
    I agree do wat u think is rite but It doesn't look bad to me either I took my daughter to the E.R cuz she sliced the back of her ear open on my brick steps all they did was clean it up an put neosporin on it . Is it deep ?
  • Its a little gash but it isnt that deep checked the inside of her mouth its not like a tooth went thru or anything its just on the outside i gave her tylenol and shes asleeep now
  • Is that picture after you washed her face or before? It doesnt look bad. Check her teeth and make sure they are not wiggly especially if they are her adult teeth. Put some neosporin and a band-aid over it and check it throught the night to watch for bleeding.
  • Yea I would clean it up an put sum neosporin on it I think it will be fine
  • I Agree clean it up and IM sure it Won't look bad at all doesn't look enough to get a stitch so it would be waste of time and money for er visit my husband is paramedic he said from pic it looks fine.
  • The pic was after i cleaned it up but checked teeth they seem fine
    But shes asleep and it starting to get a scab on it she only cried for a few mins then was fine
    Thank you guys tho made me feel so much better :)
  • There's no reason to take her to the ER! The ER is for serious medical emergencies. I hate that people think the ER must be visited for every cut or scratch. tell them to butt out! Lord. Hope she is doing better!
  • It looks like it will swell and be a nasty bruise, as long as none of her teeth are wiggly she should be fine.

Her jaw might be a bit stiff and sore tomorrow.
  • @captivated thats what i said i told its not an emergency no need to rush her in but when she fell n hit her head as a baby and had a concusion i was over protective an didnt need to take her there crazy there main reason to take her was cuz if i don't she will have a nasty scar? And there basing there thoughts on a pic tht was txted to them w.e Lol
    But i gave her a lil bit of tylenol and she is sleeping and it isnt bleeding and starting to scab over my mom stopped by and took a look and said it looked fine
  • Children get scars. Part of being a kid. Going to the ER wouldnt prevent a scar. Lmao. Silly people ;)
  • @captivated is right and exactly what my hubby says it actually really makes him upset when he gets stupid calls for example this girls was playing outside and scratches her leg on the side of a fence I mean like it just tiny skin like if u brush against something no blood at all. And he told her they would just send her back she doesn't even need band aid for it but that will be one expensive car ride. She was like 17 she didn't listen to him still wanted to be taken. I saw the picture and was laughing I man don't people know that there are certain number of ambulances working and once their taken that's way it is. Soo what if there's someone blessing to death and it takes them longer to get out there since they were doing something minor. They can die ya know. I agree if the teeth weren't involved you have to think what will they do for my lo and if they cant even put stitches there then why would u be going. I hope your daughter is doing well today and forget about those people.
  • It looks so much better today and it doesnt even seem to bug her then my bitch of a mil brought up cps umm shes a crazy little 3 year old who eventually is gonna get hurt its just frustrating
  • Let her dumbass call CPS. That is outrageous.
  • Tell your husband to grow some balls and tell his mother to shut up and butt out (Nothing against your hubby.. Just it is HIS mother!!)... Obviously he has come home by now and has seen it and didn't rush her to the hospital so why should she open her big annoying mouth against you and your choices...
  • Wow, I can't believe she would say that! It's not like she got hurt from you beating her or something, my God! That just really bothers me... I mean you're a good mom trying to do what's right, there's so many others out there who neglect & abuse their kids. Ugh, so frustrating!
  • Oh i know its crazy at one point she told hubby she was just gonna come over and take her in herself like wtf she is my child i would never do anything to put my child in danger and im not gonna take her to the e.r if i dont feel its not an emergency she wasnt gushing blood her teeth were fine so to threaten me with cps is absurd and my gut feeling was right and she is fine today forgot it even happened and it pisses me off how my hubby dont stick up to me cuz its" easier" to agree then to fight uhhg and then i had his whole family txting me asking how could i not take her in and even had his mom come up to my work to confron me about my choice with my kid!(sorry so long lol)
  • Dont worry about it being long...vent all you need to, I know I would! Lol That is just crazy! You guys need to move to another state or something! Lol
  • Weve talked about it since hubby works at fedex he can transfer pretty much any where but we are gonna wait till my sons medical stuff is all good cuz dont wanna switch docs n stuff eight now
  • Oh yeah I forgot he'd had surgery & everything. Well hopefully things will settle down in a few days. :)
  • edited February 2013
    Ya lol ill just ignore them till they chill out lol
  • tell her you are a damn good mother! followed by providing the number to cps and let her know in the event that she continues her irrational behavior you will change your number as well as forbid her from seeing your kids until she stops spitting that venom. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO U HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT
  • better yet tomorrow is Monday, lie.....fine

tell her u took the baby to see her Dr and he /she completely agreed that your daughter is 100% fine and that Grandma may be a bit dramatic :)
  • ^^^that's exactly what i was going to say. Just tell her you had her doctor check her out and that he agreed your daughter is fine. And do that from now on. Just tell her whatever she needs to hear so she can shut up. Im not saying that lying is ok, but its not worth arguing about. It just adds unnecessary stress to your life.
    My dad is annoying like that too, so sometimes i just say what he wants to hear to get him off my back lol.
    Im glad your daughter is ok. Things happen, she's a kid. There are many more scratches, bumps and boo boo's to come :)
  • @perly her mil sounds like my mom.

I've been in the medical field for 10 yrs so I almost never take my kids to.the Dr for anything so she's always saying I'm irresponsible or negligent so i learned sometimes you have to lie. :-/ she runs kids the ER for EVERYTHING
    thinks they need medicine for everything I believe in natural immunity. let the body do it's job before having man made defenses put in your child's body
  • People piss me off with this "I'm going to call cps". This is why the system fails the kids that need it, same with the er. To many people calling for petty things.

I had one nosey "lady" treaten me with cps at the park because my daughter kept kicking off her shoes while swinging. After the third time I kept them off, it was chilly out and she had socks so no big deal. This "lady" told me my daughter was going to freeze to death. (Because long pants, socks, a long sleeved shirt, gloves, and a long wool coat isn't enough to keep a two year old warm. Meanwhile her baby (about 18 months) fell out of the swing, and her older child (about 3) that she wasn't paying attention to fell off a four foot tower. I wanted to be a smart ask but I felt bad for the kids.
  • @soon2b3 i hate people like that. To be completely honest, i have been to E.R. many more times as an adult than when i was a child. And i have a sucky immune system. The change of weather makes me sick (and you know how fast the weather can change here in Houston). Its just that people now a days freak out about everything.
  • edited February 2013
    yup so true @perly

that's funny @mathair