What are some good apps for a 17mo?

edited March 2013 in Ages & Stages
My son likes to play with my phone but I'm so worried that he's going to mess something up. What are some apps that you all use for your lo? My son is almost 18mo and I need something that will keep him busy and entertained and out of my other apps.

Comments

• Well I let my daughter play on my pad but I'm which her I have one that is reading she like to turn the pages and its reading so that's good. I also have coloring one for her which she loves its her favorite thing is to color!
  • My daughter loves "peek a boo" shell play it for about an hour.
  • I really hope they don't make apps for children that young :(
  • They make apps for itty bitty babies @excitedforoctober I hate to say that I had several apps on my phone, my 18 month old knows how to unlock my iPhone, no more phone for her now though, when she gets older I'll use it for educational purposes and for a very limited time.
  • edited March 2013
    Ever heard of toddler lock? I use it a lot because my 15 month old steals my phone all the time. She loves to carry it around and pretend she's talking on it and it keeps her from calling anyone by accident. She thinks it is her phone because she talks to my mother every day so she is used to using it.
  • Sparkle paint!! Great for keeping him busy when I need to make a phone call!
  • @minx1018 downloading toddler lock and downloading a game for your toddler to sit there and play are 2 completely different things. I'm sorry, I just don't believe that introducing technology to a child that young is good, just my opinion.
  • @excitedforoctober (note the tag) I wasn't addressing you on my first post, otherwise I would have tagged you :-)
  • @minx1018 you're right, I got a notification that someone tagged me in this post and I guess I mistakenly responded to YOU instead. But WOW someones a little catty today. Lol. BTW you don't have to tag me for me to tag you, just in case you needed a refresher course on Pregly. Have a beautiful day :)
  • Thank you @ashley_smashley and @YNVTish for actually posting helpful advice. Are either of those apps free?
  • edited March 2013
    I dont let my youngest use my phone, shes too young for things like that in my opinion but my 3 yr old plays it from time to time, she plays phone4kids, princess coloring book, And watches cartoons on Disney junior among other educational apps
  • Pbs kids has a free app...i just search educational apps free for my special ed kids. Some of them function at a 2 year old level. There are some very appropriate cause and effect things out there. The best advise i can give is to download things you think you would like, check them out and delete if it is not what you were thinking. I know we sometimes have trouble with the ads attached to apps.
  • edited March 2013
    Sparkle paint is free!

And if you don't believe in what is being posted you should keep scrolling instead of inserting your catty comment! @excitedforoctober
  • Thank u this post was very useful! I was seriously just thinking this the other day! My almost 2 year old loves my phone and accidentally unlockes it all the time lol I mostly worry he will call someone. Im looking into some suggested apps now
  • Ok so looked at all the options, and for mine TODDLER LOCK was the best!!
  • @Ashley_smashley bahahaha take your own advice hun.
  • Kidspaint. It's free and they just draw with their finger.
  • Lol nothing in this thread that annoys me but your condescending comments...but I guess I should be used to that with you... @excitedforoctober
  • @ashley_smashley funny because your comments don't surprise me either, so take your own advice and if you don't like my comments move it along.
  • edited March 2013
    @ashley_smashley your so right she was asking about apps not our opinion on if she should have her kids use electronics I'm sorry @excitedforoctober but that first comment of yours was not necessary. maybe if it was post about electronics and children all it did was start unnecessary drama. And calling someone catty even if you might have been jocking is what I'm hoping is not nice we should support each other not put each other down. I have never said anything about this stuff on here but it's just so silly that grown women call each other names especially when this is place for ssupport like I said earlier. maybe we can all try move on and start fresh!
  • @jules I admitted that my first comment to minx was a mistake since I mistakenly thought she was the one who responded to me and not Kimberly. BUT her snarky response to me was also unnecessary. My first comment on this post was not insulting to anyone, I simply said I hopes apps were not made specifically for kids that young. I didn't say "what r u doing letting your child play with your phone" or anything insulting to her. People like to see my "cattiness" but not other peoples, I will continue to comment when and where I want, I don't mean to be rude but its not my fault if some people are overly sensitive. There are very few people on here who I clearly do not get along with and as long as I continue to freely speak my mind me and these said people will continue to butt heads. None of that was meant to be rude to you, I know you are very unbiased on here unlike alot of members that run in cliques.
  • Look, I really don't appreciate any of the drama happening on here. If you don't like my question or don't have anything useful to add then please don't post. Thank you to all of you who did help, I'll be checking out apps this weekend.
  • I download flash card it shows picture of # animals letter bodyparts shapes it free then if you hot the? It has you pick the correct object. Xavier. Loves it
  • @stella is that an android app or iPhone? Are the pics cartoon drawing, or real pics?
  • @frantastic I apologize for the drama.
  • Flashcards are great too! I just got an app for some last night.
  • @ashley_smashley the one is cartoon drawing the other app is actual pictures of body part and such they are both Android apps one is called flash card the other english flascards they come in spanish also. I thougt about downloading that also since xavier insists on turning everything to the Spanish setting.
  • @excitedforoctober well I apreciate u being honest and I didn't like @frantastic just say no one wants drama and I understand that not everyone is like me I don't hold things against anyone and I don't get bias ur right I don't even know who has problem with who on here I am not trying to attack u personally I'm sorry if it looks that way but u seem like smart girl and u know when certain comments aren't exactly topic related since that's not what she was looking for ya know. Therefore if it was not said in first place it may have been avoided. It doesn't really matter who said what but the first comment of urs is what started it the mess. Things have been better around he maybe we can all focus on helping one another just like @frantastic asked and try set the differences aside. And once again please don't take this personally I'm just trying to help for future things and I would want someone to do the same thing for me if I ever hurt anyones feelings by a comment I would like to know so I can make it right ya know. Its ok this isn't big deal at all, let just all move on :)
  • It ok @ashley_smashley :) @jules you are such a sweet heart