early labor

edited April 2013 in Labor
Did anyone have early labor last a few days before they actually went into labor? Last week the doctor said i wss almost 2cm and 70%. I saw a different doctor on monday and she said i wasnt even 1 and still thick, so it just left me confused.

Comments

• Sometimes I think there is no point of even being checked unless you are in labor. When I was in labor my water broke at home when I got to the hospital the said I was 4-5 cm I was so excited and then an hour later a different nurse came and checked me and said I was at 2 cm!!! I was like wth how can I go backwards :( at my weekly appointments never dilated until actual labor but with both of my babies I lost my mucous plug three days before and had my bloody show two days before actual labor
  • Ya when I was pregnant with my daughter I was so excited to hear I was 2 cm then I found out that midwife gives like "hope" lol not a close est. This time I'm not being checked until I'm pushing lol no let down
  • It usually has to do with the size of the checkers fingers. Some have massive hands, others have itty bitty ones. I would be so confused!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've had the prodomal labor for a week & a half with my last 2 babies. I was making cervical changes though, but VERY slowly. Like it took me a week to go from 1cm to 4cm. It really sucks!
  • @homebirthadvocate and @wilsomom how long does prodromal labor usually last? I have been having contractions all week but nothing constant but then today i have been having like shooting pain in my vagina. After my appointment monday i am so confused and not sure if I should go in since i would have to make my husband leave work.

@almost5 oh i am totally confused and dont wanna waste time or make my husband leave work for nothing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It can last a long time. Just wait until contractions are regular no matter what you do & are getting progressively stronger & painful. This is kind of my rule of thumb....if you're not sure if you're in labor, you're not. (well usually, I'm sure there are a few exceptions) Believe me, you will know when true labor kicks in. Just try to take it as easy as possible in preparation for the big day! :)
  • Plus if you go in too early you'll likely get a lot of uneccessary interventions.