tomorrow

2»

Comments

• @petly its ok :-)

She is doing good hopefully we will be going home today. They are retesting her for jaundice in a few hours because her numbers are high so we will see if they have gone down.
  • @stephforever89 @morgdeebee
    Update!
    Im 3cm dilated, 75% effaced and the baby has not dropped a bit. The doctor said that she's concerned. She said that the baby should have dropped already, if not completely, at least some but he hasn't. She told me to go back on friday, which is my due date, so she can check me again and then go from there.
    Im not scared to change my birthing plan, but i know that if the baby doesn't drop im gonna end up having a c-section.
  • My daughter didnt drop until after my water broke @perly she was still high the morning i went into labor.
  • @morgdeebee yeah the doctor said he could drop anytime, but im wondering, is he even gonna drop? Im 5 feet tall. Im a small girl, he doesn't have that much space in there... Shouldn't he have dropped by now? At least a little? Idk. I just want him to be born safely.
  • edited May 2013
    Well im 4 feet 11 inches my daughter didn't have room but they all pretty much drop in order to come through the birth canal. I wouldn't worry about it. Probably be one those last minute things. Since your soo close just stay active take walks if u can should help even if it's uncomfortable.@perly
  • @perly That say you don't drop until you're in labor with second or more children. I know your first was way early, but maybe that's still the case for you. I'm 5'3" & I never drop until I'm way in labor, but I have really long labors though & that's probably why.
  • @jules @wilsomom that's exactly my point, he has to drop in (drop into the pelvis area) order to be born and babies usually drop a little before you go into labor (its called lightening).... My baby hasn't dropped at all. He's actually so far up, the doctor has to stick her hand real far in my cervix to feel his head.
    Im just kinda in the middle. My doctor says that if i want to try vaginal birth, that she's all for it but she says that she can't guarantee it will or won't be successful. And im just thinking, what if i put myself through all that pain and risk putting my baby in distress to still end up having a c-section... Is it even worth putting him in danger? At this point i just want him to get here safe, even if that means that i have the c-section.
  • I know they say that every pregnancy and labor is different, but this actually happened to my mom, and its pretty much happened to most of the women in my family. I might just be another one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^ what she said! @perly
  • @homebirthadvocate @wilsomom she didn't say anything about a c-section. All she told me is that she was concerned because he hasn't dropped. She actually told me that she supports me 100% if i still want to deliver vaginally. The whole thing about the c-section and him possibly not dropping is all me. My mother instinct is kicking in. I was the one that brought up the question about a possible c-section but she didn't tell me much about it because she wants to see how i progress.

Im just scared. Im so close to meeting him, im scared that something might go wrong and i lose him too. I just need to wait and see how i progress. My doctor is very supportive and i know she will respect any decision i make.
  • Well the fact that she's not pushing it and still wants to see hope things go is great sign. I don't remember them telling me they felt the babies head until I was full on in labor at the hospital with my epidural. I think personally it's better to wait and try your best must likely it will all be ok :) And then if your in labor and baby still doesn't come down then go from there. I just know myself and the things I have heard from c section versus vaginal I would even consider a c section until absolutely needed. It will be ok!
  • @jules yeah. I probably shouldn't have brought up the whole c-section thing. Im just nervous. Im gonna just let it go until i see her this Friday then i'll listen to what she has to say and then i'll make a decision.
  • @perly I understand your fears. I'm sure it will all go well when the time is right. :) You don't have much longer now!
  • @wilsomom tomorrow will be 2 years since i lost my daughter, and im due on Friday. My emotions and then the news from my doctor all at the same time just made me freak out. But i need to take baby steps.
  • That sounds like great plan. You just have lot going on a lot of emotions but God has plan and is watching over that little baby your right baby steps one thing at a time . Do whatever you need to do tom and then take it from there.
  • @Morgdeebee did your water break on it own or did the doctor break it.
  • @stephforvere89 on its own... at a restaurant lol