Pain Meds while pregnant???...

edited August 2013 in Pregnant
Sooo I was born with mild cerebral palsy,my left side of my body is stunted in growth,bones,muscle whole nine yards. I've never wanted to be on any kind of pain medication cuz I know how addictive they can be. But when I'm pregnant,it gets to a point where I can barely walk without crying. I can't remember what my doctor prescribed me with my first pregnancy,but my question is,what are some of you prescribed/ or have been prescribed while pregnant????

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Have you tried swimming and chiropractic messages? I hear that helps. Also when I was in a lot of pain I went to see an acupuncturist and you won't believe what a few tiny needles can do! Amazing!
  • I was prescribed Vicoden while pregnant with my daughter. The doctor said it was safe but I was still scared to use it. I only took it for about a week, I couldn't get out of bed without it. They never knew what was wrong with me, pinched nerve, fibroid dying out, ovarian cyst bursting...these were the different theories.
  • I'm not a doctor, so I don't know how true this is, but a friend said her doctor gave her Vicodin because it's tylenol based and said it was safe. Like I said, I'm no doctor, just trying to give you what little information I have heard.
  • It is tylenol based however has other things so before vicodin I would talk to a doc for sure theres is no too safe at least to me while pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • I was prescribed vicodin once during pregnancy when I had a bad back problem.
  • I was prescribed vicodin with my last pregnancy for a tooth ache. I didnt end up needing it but was told it was safe. Its a class category C drug, however.
  • I had severe kidney stones while pregnant with my son and was on vicodin, Percocet and then dilaudid for almost the entire pregnancy. Percocet and vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen, oxycodone/acetaminophen) as well as morphine and dilaudid are considered relatively safe when taken as prescribed. My son was born with no problems. So yes, they are fine to take. Like you said, be cautious in regards to addiction and/or physical dependence.
  • I was prescribed Vicodin while pregnant when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Also heard percocet is considered safe. All medicines have some risk but those ones are considered low risk. Talk to your Dr they can explain what's safe and what the risks are