New Forum

edited August 2013 in About App & Forum
The new forum at http://www.pregly.com/community has been open for quite a few weeks already. As it seems to work fine I declare it to be out of its 'testing phase'. It will be build into the upcoming release of the Pregly Android app.

New and old Pregly users are officially welcome to join the new forum. Old Pregly users will be rewarded with membership of the 'originals group' and have some perks like access to a private 'originals only' forum.

The current forum will remain 'in the air' and accessible from the new app version, however I hope everybody will gradually start using the new forum. I'm planning on releasing the new app version somewhere around the end of the month.

Thanks @ everybody who helped out with testing!

Comments

• Oh... another important thing: when joining the new forum you should receive an email which is used to validate that you supplied the correct email address. It contains a link that needs to be clicked.

However; somehow it seems that many members do not click the link (and thus do not get access to the forum). I do not know why this happens, does the email end up in the spam box?

Please let me know if you try to join and do not receive an email, check if it ended up in the spam box.
  • I can't sign in to the new forum, do I need to make a new account or is there a way I can keep this one, I've been here since early 2011.
  • Thanks and do I get the privilege of being in the originals group membership as well?
  • @OhHowWonderful all members of the current forum that join the new forum will get that privilege!
  • I would use it more the only thing ive figured out is my profile picture and how to reply on others posts..I have no clue how to post myself or upload pics...
  • @jules the profile pic is still being worked on (it does not work on all phones, it can be found under 'my profile' - just hit the "change" link next to the default photo to try it.)

Replying and posting is just a matter of tapping the big buttons that say 'reply' or 'start new topic'. Are you logged in? (hit the upper right four squared button to sign in)
  • @martin I know how to do the profile pic. And how to reply to others post ive done that. Just cant post myself and dont know how to post a picture in a topic.
  • @jules You have to click on a category, then there's a big button that says "Start New Topic". As for posting pictures, we still have to use Photobucket and other photo links, I think. There's an icon where the smiley face icon is when you're replying, it's a polaroid icon for "image". Click that and you can paste your link there.
  • @fate thank you! That makes perfect sence I got it now :)
  • Just joined the new forum, can I please be added to the originals group? I kept the same username.
  • I just saw on the new forum that someone asked if she could be added to the pregly originals. She said she had been just looking since 2011 because the forum was closed and she wasnt able to join. Is she considered an original? Or only actual members?
  • @starrxoxo9 you've been added! @perly no, an original is a person who is a member of this forum - if only for practical reasons (how to verify otherwise?)
  • Cool. Got it. I didn't say anything because i wasn't sure.
  • @Martin can you please add me? Same user name.
  • I wanna be in the original group been over here since the beginning of 2011 but it says newbie :(
  • May I please be added too? Same username as well
  • @Martin thank you so muchhhh!!!
  • I want to be apart of the originals.
  • I have joined the new forum. I have returned from when I first downloaded pregly with my last bubba back in 2011. I was finally able to join not long before I had my daughter in early 2012. My question being will I be an original or a newbie. Just wondering as I do remember how exclusive pregly seemed to get near the end of my last pregnancy.
  • @ExcitedForOctober hmm your account is not yet 'validated', did you receive a validation email? maybe in your spam folder?
  • @martin please add me; my new username is dillonsmama0906. Thanks
  • I created a new user name on the new forum. I thought my information had been deleted somehow. My user name there is MrsBatts.